Kangaroos and the Flood

by Zechariah 66 Replies latest jw friends

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Ge 4:20 In time Adah gave birth to Jabal. He proved to be the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 And the name of his brother was Jubal. He proved to be the founder of all those who handle the harp and the pipe.

Adah and Jubal lived before the flood. Yet they are the founders of tent dwellers with livestock and those who handle the harp and pipe?

pseudo

edited to add note:

Even though these scriptures are part of a genealogical list, the Watchtower conveniently translates the Hebrew word for "father" as founder. In other scriptures they dont have a problem using the word father.

Ge 9:18 And Noah's sons who cam out of the ark wer Shem and Ham and Japhet. Later Ham was the father of Canaan.

Ge 19:37 In time the firstborn became mother to a son and called his name Moab. He is the father of Moab, to this day.

Edited by - pseudoxristos on 13 November 2002 21:29:1

• larc
    larc

Zech, if the world of facts, logic, and theory don't impress you, then you shouldn't venture into them. If you have faith, that is just fine, since your faith does not need any justification, and you have every right to have such faith. Faith is something that can not be justified. Either you have it, or you don't.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I have faith in scientific Fact, not a bunch of paper, written on by a bunch of old sheep herders, thousands of years ago, without any real concreate facts.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 13 November 2002 21:43:47

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Larc,

I didn't say that facts have no value to me. I only said I am not dominated by them. The are fine for what their worth. I will not however be changed by them in ways that are objectionable to the spirit.

I will believe nothing that does not benefit me. I am always confident that belief will prove itself. I am always encouraged and hope to encourage others who desire to believe but are confused about their obligation to the intellect.

There is nothing smarter one can do than trusting God. Even when you're wrong you are right because the bottom line fact is "God Rules."

Zechariah

• larc
    larc

Zech, I think what you are saying is that if facts are congruent with your beliefs, you will accept them, but if they are at odds with your beliefs, you will not let them interfere with your beliefs. The is your peragative.

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Trauma_Hound,

I have faith in scientific Fact, not a bunch of paper, written on by a bunch of old sheep herders, thousands of years ago

All you guys that make this kind of statement are just jealous. How many of you have dead or alive had their writings internationally published?

Zechariah

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

All you guys that make this kind of statement are just jealous. How many of you have dead or alive had their writings internationally published?

Zechariah

So according to this theory, you should be worshipping Edgar Allen Poe.

• larc
    larc

Crazy, I worship Mark Twain. Zech, you should read his essays, Diary of Adam and Diary of Eve. Letters from earth, I heard is good, but I haven't read it.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Zech,

I believe in God, but in no way am I going to believe the Bible word for word. That is foolish. The Bible has been changed COUNTLESS TIMES. How many Translations upon Translations have there been? You are a FOOL if you honestly think that the KJV is exact copy of the original texts (which themselves were based on ORAL traditions). You sit here debating the meaning of a few words when the WHOLE text is WRONG.

Deal with it.

Fools Hate Knowledge- Jesus Christ

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Larc,

Your assessment is perfectly correct. What unbelievers don't see is the are just as intellectually dishonest as I am. They are just biased to unbelief. They just wont admit it.

How else is it that unbelievers can not percieve any evidence provided by believers for God's existence as facts.

It is just their Go is evolution and not the true God.

Zechariah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit