PERFECT

by Derrick 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

Would not you enjoy perfection in all these sparkling facets?

• Perfect Life?
    • Perfect I.Q.?
    • Perfect mind?
    • Perfect looks?
    • Perfect health?
    • Perfect house?
    • Perfect intellect?
    • Perfect happiness?
    • Perfect knowledge?
    • Perfect government?
    • Perfect infrastructure?
    • Perfect loving marriage?
    • Perfect spectacular sex?
    • Perfect standard of living?
    • Perfect specimen of a body?
    • Perfect prosperous happy world?
    • Perfect infinite lifespan with all the above?

On top of all this the frosting on the cake is Earth becoming a perfect planet where every square inch of surface area is like a lush botanical garden.

I dare anyone to tell me with a clear conscience they would not want all of this and look forward to wonderful things that surpass the scope of our imaginations.

This is what every human wants. God wants to shower wonderful gifts upon all life that he creates. You are no exception.

And all this scratches the surface of what the Bible promises you will get:

The holy writings say, `No eye has seen the things God has made ready for those who love him. No ear has heard about them. No person's heart has ever thought of them.'
    - 1 Corinthians 2:9

Many reading this never knew the Bible offered such a wonderful future for you and those you love. Why not read your Bible if you never have? You will discover that death is only the beginning, and using an apropo metaphor, that when you emerge from your cocoon as a free and perfect "butterfly" you will fly away to great places.

Derrick

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I also want a 24 Karat solid gold toilet seat, but it just isn't a reality, much like your paradise. Read YOUR bible without any WT propaganda and you'll figure that one out.

I don't build my life around fairytales, otherwise I'd be living in a giant shoe.

• Francois
    Francois

The mind that conceives a perfect life on a dust mote orbiting an unremarkable star in a likewise average galaxy in an infinite universe just isn't trying.

Edited by - Francois on 11 November 2002 18:3:43

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

How boring!!!!

Imperfection is what makes our lives interesting and allows us to grow, feel and love more deeply. I prefer variety and some imperfection.

• Realist
    Realist

the question is..would that make us happy? i doubt it.

today we have a higher living standard than ever before in history. we life longer, saver lifes etc.

did that make us happy? the answer is sadly NO. the europeans are the unhappiest people in the world.

the poor south americans are the happiest.

so it seems to be a matter of something different than having things...its a mental thing...

• Undecided
    Undecided

Derrick,

I hope you enjoy your fairy tale while you are alive, but you will die just like the rest of us and what is after that no one knows. The bible is just the rantings of a few men with good imaginations.

Ken P.

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Thanks for your post, Derrick (hey, we have the same first name).

My question to you is can YOU prove from the bible that all these things will exist that you just mentioned. The one scripture that you quoted has nothing to do with a paradise earth, or man's perfection. The apostle Paul said to be ready to stand and make a defence for what you believe. Time to stand and deliver. I look forward to hearing your defence.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Define Perfect?

• notperfectyet
  • OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

"Perfection does not exist. To understand this is the
    triumph of human intelligence; to expect to possess
    it is the most dangerous kind of madness."

Alfred de Musset

Share this

Google+