Preaching the kingdom or what?

by acsot 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

This prophecy is being fulfilled for nearly 2000 years. Since Jesus death Gods Kingdom was preached constantly in different form and still today is preached, not only by JWs.

You cant say that WTS has fulfilled that prophecy because there was not Armageddon as yet. No one has fulfilled it.

I would say that is unfulfilled prophecy. Nearly 2000 years of last days?

That stretch is so big that even the WTS cant fix it! ;-P

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Hi Mr Bean,

There is one other problem that the WT has in preaching the Good News of the Kingdom. You see they do not know what this good news is and have never preached it as a result. Their doctrine on the kingdom is wrong a lie in fact not supported by scripture. They know this as many have written them about it and they choose to teach the lie instead of correcting it. So if their message is not truth how can they be fulfilling this prophecy regarding it?

Joseph

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

Totally agree with you!

They believe that they will live in paradise on Earth, while none of the Bible verses says that. I just had a discussion with one of JWs at alt.religion.jehovahs-witn and I was asking him about just one solid verse from the Bible that man will have an everlasting life here on Earth. He was trying hard but reality is, the Bible is not very specific about everlasting life and there is no one explicit verse which would support such doctrine.

Also I think that Jesus when He taught us how we should pray, He meant praying to Him!

He is Heavenly Father, Father Eternal, Mighty God, King of His Kingdom. Thus Gods Kingdom since Jesus is God, is Jesus Kingdom and when we pray "Lets your Kingdom come...", it is evident that these prayers are directed to Jesus, not to Jehovah.

Than the term, Jehovah's Kindom, so widely used by WTS, does not make any sense and the Bible does not support it!

Peace

Edited by - Mr Bean on 18 November 2002 19:42:53

Edited by - Mr Bean on 18 November 2002 19:44:10

• crownboy
    crownboy

dantheman said:

The "ministry" performed by JW's is a figment of their imagination, fed by a neverending indoctrination program from their megalomaniacal leadership.

Hardcore JW's are, imho, religious addicts. Grandiosity is a mark of addiction. The grandiosity of the WT leadership is a big part of what makes the JW religion so intoxicating and paralyzingly addictive for so many unfortunates.

That is an extremely true statement. True JW's really believe that by spending two hours a day mostly knocking on doors of people who they will not meet, (and ever so often talking to people who are not interested in their message), is a job of such profound importance, that the fate of our world depends on it. One of the elders in my congregation is fond of saying "the preaching work is the most important work being done on earth today". If people can seriously convince themselves of this stuff, they'll hardly have time to notice that it isn't true, since they're too self absorbed in their own little world to notice.

• archangel01
    archangel01

hi, I believe that things will go back to the way it was in eden before the fall. Also when JW go door to door that just talk about no more sickness etc but they don't talk or go into detail about going back to the way things were. Yes i'm a JW but I don't agree with alot of things. They say adam & eve were unrepented however the bible does not say and Jesus die to buy back what adam lost so Adam & eve can benefit from the ransom as well. I don't think Yahweh (The closes right spelling name of God) would have let them live 930 yrs. if they didn't have a change of heart. Its just something to think about thats all. Beside Yahweh doesn't deal with us imperfect humans thats why we need Yahshua(the closes right spelling of Jesus) and I feel they don't stress that enough, Yahshua is the ONLY ONLY way back to Yahweh. That's what I come to think and as for the 144,000 what if they are all up in heaven wait to take action I mean the WTC doesn't even let them look or see if what they are printing or saying is right. In 1995 they printed that 8,645 of 144,000 were left now in the watchtower mag jan.1 2003 for 2002 said that 8,760 are left. The # should NEVER go up it should only go down! Thats when I started to think, this is sooo wrong. Thats why I feel the way I do, the Bible did say how you can spot out the false ones. I guess the truth does set you free. I've been looking into DAWN and what they say makes sense. They have the same Bible Basic truths but with out the man made rules and stuff. I think I type enough thanks for reading my pug. archangel01

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

I feel that the preaching work is good and beneficial not only to the listener but also the presenter. Being out in the ministry helps you to avoid doing thing's that would cause you to commit sin. I feel it keeps your mind focus on doing righteous things instead of clouding your mind with wicked thing's. That's why a lot of people find it hard to do the right thing in this system. Some have too much time on their hands and all they think about are thing's contrary to Jehovah's will. We must not forget about the example that was set for us by the Israelites in the wilderness. They caused Jehovah's heart to become weary, they made him feel pain. Because they kept doing what they wanted to do. Jesus said that these last days will be like the days of Noah. I'm pretty sure that Noah had more help building that ark than his son's. More than likely the other individuals who assisted in the building of the ark felt that too many years went by and nothing happened. Jehovah's time span is different from our time span. Preaching about the kingdom is a good thing that needs to be done. We can't assume that God is taking too long to help us. Remember the hebrews were slaves in egypt for 430 years before Jehovah set them free!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST WAIT ON THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yea whatever unbaptized - you keep on waiting for your lord. I'm going to go make a sandwich. Give me a call when he decides to get off his butt and show up.

• Realist
    Realist
    oh no, those people who wake us up on Saturday mornings

wake up!!! this attidude will get the worldly people killed!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit