In View of R.C.hearing of J.W.& child Sexual Abuse in Aust. and it`s Worldwide Coverage.can we expect ....?

by smiddy 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

Are we likely to see a definite drop in new Bible Studies , Interest in the religion ,a drop in meeting attendance ,especially in lands where this is widely reported ? Or even an exodus from many in the congregations who may view this as the last straw ?

Their have only been 3 days of this inquiry so far and the incompetence of the Elders to articulate their position is painful to observe , they are ignorant to the extreme .Showing a total disinterest in the whole proceedings.

When questioned , they have not bothered to understand the purpose of the Commission , nor read any of the previous days proceedings ,nor have they bothered to read the victims statement ,and have shown a total disregard for the whole procedure .

Surely any thinking person with half a brain would back away from any involvement with this religion .

I am overjoyed that this inquiry is getting worldwide media attention ,I hope you are too .

I commented on an article in Ghana Africa that ran with this story , so the sexual abuse of Children within the Jehovah`s Witness organization is getting worldwide coverage .

What do you think ?

With our help , using F.B. ,Twitter , Blogs , Social media , letters to the Editor of newspapers ,contacting journalists of radio and T.V.stations , we can put the organisation under the microscope , exposing them for what they are.

You do not have to give your name and address for publication if you do not want to , just say my name and address is not for publication and the media respects your privacy and will not do so .

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Are we likely to see a definite drop in new Bible Studies , Interest in the religion ,a drop in meeting attendance ,especially in lands where this is widely reported ? Or even an exodus from many in the congregations who may view this as the last straw ?

In Australia? Definitely!

Watch also for a reduction in the number of young J.W. men "reaching out" for the poisoned chalice of eldership down in Oz!

You'd have to be an uber-masochist to want to be "appointed" now!

• never a jw
    never a jw

"You'd have to be an uber-masochist to want to be "appointed" now" @The searcher

No more JW girls marrying in Australia. AMIII requires to be at least ministerial servant to be marriage material. AMIII shot himself in the foot. JW's are not getting new converts and their supply of children will disappear thanks to the Royal Commission investigation.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I really have got to wonder just how much punishment they can take.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Smiddy - I hope your OP will be correct.

The Royal Commission will also hurt the WTS financially. Last night, I watched a video posted here. Justice McClelland said that the RC will seek redress. Each and every victim at the hearing could receive compensation from the WTS that would cover the cost for counseling, psychiatric treatment, medication, etc.

Additionally, they could also each receive a lump sum to compensate the actual abuse. If this sets a precedent - and it's sensible to speculate that commissions in other countries may also be set up - think of how much the WTS would have to pay out to many thousands of victims.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sadly--is it a case of--no such thing as bad publicity. i'm sure the WTS will spin it as start of persecution--which will get all those old nodders bobbing away like mad.

but --in the real world it will no doubt reinforce public perception in that jehovahs witnesses are just a minor religion--a bunch of missfits and nutters.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

If it is to Correct an injustice for the people of Australia, then God will see if any wrong doing in behalf of Elders to their flock were harmed will be rectified under God’s hands. The embodiments of responsible people hold the majority of challenges. They are human just as you EXJWdubs here. The very same way you people were kicked out the same can happen to Elders or Governing Body.

As humans their just as fallible as the next person. If God made this event to be shown, then to clean house just as in the past, Yahweh’s will; will be done.

However keep in mind that no religion under secular law has been obligated to disenfranchise it’s sacrament to hold confessions other than to have the person repent or reject consul like the majority of you EXJWdubs did in your case that has caused you to be embittered.

Any religious organization has no legal authority to condemn or charge a person with a secular crime as indicated by ignorance here. As mentioned, people with half a brain can see beyond your narcissism and have a compassionate determination to children that have been abused. Those children, parents, have every right to seek justice through mans laws. However mans laws have nothing to do with God’s laws as mentioned by Christ himself. So you cannot intertwine the both.

Repentance is only for the soul. To show God you accepted the consequences for your misdeeds and wish to start new. This is once again for your soul that the churches look for. Anything more serious, the victims are obligated to show just cause to bring charges upon a person. It's the victims obligation to have that person arrested and convicted. To have that person pay for the serious crime, not the church. If a church finds through confession and that confession evil, then The proper authorities get notified. However mans laws as written cannot compile a clergy to under go validating the persons claims, that's up for the law to get the proof needed to being somone to justice.

If mans laws punish people for a crime, them those people will serve whatever punishment mans law give people, without having to confuse the notion between the both.

None of you have repented for whatever drove you out, then how can an organization punish someone spiritually if they defy God as you people have done here for 15 years.

Someone on another thread advised me before I judge someone look first at the log in my eye before you see the spic in theirs. These Double standards of EXJWdubs only reflects embodiment of double tongue.

May the victims of all crimes find peace with God.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

The very same way you people were kicked out

ha ha---right. i resigned from the cult in 1971----because i wasnt going to risk denying my kid a blood transfusion---and i didnt believe in a god anyway.

and i still dont.

• zeb
    zeb

"have shown a total disregard for the whole procedure ."

No not disregard, sheer contempt. How would Moses have faired if he had swaggered into the courts of Pharaoh showing the same disdain.? He would have been fed to the eels... well we might hope.

If I were a jw I would be blasting the Australia Branch office for allowing such yokels into the commission. But what a 'fine' example of how the wts and the 'holy-spirit' (not)contrive to establish an elder in his position.

• Listener
    Listener

Simon Says

<< Repentance is only for the soul. To show God you accepted the consequences for your misdeeds and wish to start new. This is once again for your soul that the churches look for. Anything more serious, the victims are obligated to show just cause to bring charges upon a person. It's the victims obligation to have that person arrested and convicted. To have that person pay for the serious crime, not the church. If a church finds through confession and that confession evil, then The proper authorities get notified. However mans laws as written cannot compile a clergy to under go validating the persons claims, that's up for the law to get the proof needed to being somone to justice. >>

So much of what you say is untrue, I'll address just this paragraph of yours.

Repentance is not just for the soul, it is also a recognition of the wrong you cause to another person. Not only does it show to God that you are sorry for disobeying his laws, it is not complete if you show no recognition of the wrong you have done to another person. Not only are we to love God but we are to love one another.

You say it is the victims responsibility to have the offender arrested and convicted but a child does not understand how to do this and many times they do not even understand how they have been wronged. Often there is a level of guilt that they don't know how to deal with and has been imposed on them by the abuser. Many people think that a wrong will be properly dealt with within their organization because this is what there organization has lead them to believe. That very organization may manipulate them into thinking that they cannot take a crime to worldly authorities. But to say that it is the victims responsibility to have the offender arrested and convicted is absurd. That is the responsibility of the law, law enforcing bodies and the Government. A victim can only use the avenues that are available to them in seeing that justice is done.

Many institutions have hindered the normal process of law and their very position of power over a persons life puts them into a very responsible position. Even at this Royal Commission Elders have admitted that they have a level of responsibility towards the victim. There are many instances within the Catholic Church, for instance, of paying for the psychiatric help required by a victim and that is without any prompting from secular authorities.

You statement that mans laws as written cannot comply a clergy to validate the persons claim is not correct. Where there is mandated reporting many churches comply with this law, including the JWs. Many will actively encourage a victim to report to police even if this is not an obligation imposed by law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit