RC on CNN - Damn this is Damning!!!

by jw07 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cha ching
    cha ching

I liked what I read in another thread:

It's not Persecution.... It's Accountability!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hate to disagree with such esteemed posters but I don't think the the hubris of the current GB extends to them playing the GT card. Cross that bridge and you cannot come back from it.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Call it for what it is. 1 Peter 2. Accountability in line with scripture. Why are they fighting it?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Go to jail!! LOL!!!

He will be preaching and "praying" alright, and saying, "Oh GOD!!! OOOhhhh GOD!!!"

DD

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

konceptual99 But does the GB have to be the ones to play the GT card? They have the RnF conditioned to see the GT around every corner.

I am wondering what happens if the general jw population sees this as part of the GT. What happens if God doesn't step in to save them from it.

• steve2
    steve2

If I were still a JW, I would not want to be "persecuted" over my religion's neglect of children's safety in the Kingdom Hall. Man, what an issue to be fried over, including hearing about shameful judicial committee hearings in which the support of complainants is not even a considerstion, and alleged perpetrators are shown greater consideration..

And the gulping lack of thought shown by elders over disfellowshipped perpetrators untroubled access to nonWitness children because the elders do not report outcomes to the appropriate authorities.- just like the Catholic Church!

This is NOT persecution for Christ's name and it most certainly is NOT about sanctifying Jehovah's name.

It is instead rightly shame inducing for an organization that has for many decades claimed unique access to the truth, whilst denouncing everyone else as being in falsehood and under Satan's influence. From those who claim much, much more is expected.

Payback over religiously defiant hubris hurts!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Steve2 Yup, if there is a God he picked the perfect issue to use against them. Almost any other issue they could write off as them being different, but there's no spinning this one.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    So where's the cry of "Peace and Security"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit