Dragging Jehovah's name trough the mud!

by truthseekeriam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Listening to the first survivor testify to the Australian Royal Commission really brought back some feelings I had put aside.

The feelings of guilt you feel for doing the right thing is extremely hard even when you know it's illogical it doesn't stop the abuse you do to yourself with these toxic thoughts of "dragging Jehovah's name through the mud" I guess it doesn't help that you have the elders freaking out saying "reproach, reproach...this is bad!!"

It took quite awhile for me to come to terms with how completely ridicules it is to think Jehovah would want this hidden. The truth is the religion wants it hidden and they are perfectly fine with destroying lives along the way!! What an evil bunch!!

I truly hope speaking out even trough tears has been somewhat healing for her and I thank her for being so brave!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Luke 12:1-3

He began saying to His disciples first of all,"Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Funny how the WTS has never thought that would apply to any of the things they want to keep secret.

Doc

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    GREAT post Londo111. Let the cover ups be revealed!
  • sir82
    sir82

Never could figure out how reporting child rapists to the police and trying to ensure that they do not harm any more children is somehow considered "bringing reproach on Jehovah's name".

Only in WT-world.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

The only reason why I am sorry this happens is Jehovah's name.

They shouldn't have used His name for their organization. It only shows how puffed and full of themselves they were and are.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Bringing reproach upon Jehovahs name translates to "Please don't tell anyone this is happening, it may affect our cash flow."
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

bringing reproach on jehovahs name----

ha ha----cant the almighty god do something about it ? or maybe the watchtower society arent being too honest about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I once asked my Dad (who was an elder at the time), "wouldn't it bring even worse reproach on the Organization if the police found out later that it had happened and we didn't report it?" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist - I was, like, 10).

He blinked, like he'd never even considered the possibility, but had to concede the point (it helped that my Mom agreed with me, and he respected her brains).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"dragging Jehovah's name through the mud" I guess it doesn't help that you have the elders freaking out saying "reproach, reproach...this is bad!!"

If the WatchTower doesn`t want the WatchTowers Name "Dragged Through the Mud"..

The WatchTower Should Stop Doing "Immoral and/or Illegal" Shit..

Image result for watchtower logo

....................http://niallmaccarthy.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mudman1.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit