By The Watchtower's Fruits, You Will Know Them

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dsgal
    dsgal

Lack of christian love

Cliques

Only including a priveleged few in social gatherings(snobbishness)

Years of flip-flopping

Having an elite class such as the Pharisees had(Elders,their wives,ministerial servants,their wives and a priveleged few who are their friends)

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

1) False prophecy, most of which was based on Pyramidology.

2) The rampant inability to be accountable.

3) Incongruous, whimsical teachings.

4) Disparity between what is worth teaching and what is actually done; or, in other words, just your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill hypocrisy.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Lies, lies , and more lies , how easily they seem to do this, even preparing sometimes to put their lies into writing, when caught out, which inevitably they are, no apologies are forthcoming. They seem to think the one main reason for disfellowshipping is fornication yet Revelation 21 v 8 equates fornication with the same seriousness as lying. In thirty years I have never ever known anyone be disfellowshipped for lying.

• minimus
    minimus

I just bought a book entitled,"Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses In Love". Just reviewing the history of JW's is enough to make you appreciate the bad fritage that's been yielded.

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

I think mind control and their authoritarian system is appalling but what s worse is the continued lies that they do not do these things.

Keeping the masses in fear and subjection keeps them under their control and manipulation, not unlike the class structure in the dark ages used by the establishment to keep order (and income flowing).

J.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus,I also have read that book."Approaching JW'S in Love."by Wilber Lingle. He also has a complete set (68 pages) of questions to be used with the societies Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life book. The one they use, to study in the field with new ones.He completely DEBUNKS (exposes the false exaggerated claims made in that book) through inciting questions.Chapter 6 in his book is entitled,"BY THEIR FRUITS YE SHALL KNOW THEM".Then goes on to list 15 topics of the WT'S bad Fruits. Blueblades

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    being a JW was more than a burden, it was cruel and unusal punishment.

AMEN! It really is. Especially for children. What I can't understand is grownup JW children having children of their own, knowing what they're going to go through. Is the human instinct to reproduce so strong that people will do it even knowing they are introducing their children to a torturous existence?

I guess it's true; ergo so many children reproduced in starving countries; to other cults; in ghettoes; etc., where one really has nothing to offer their kids, but they have them anyway.

I have no children, mainly because I could not bring myself to raise one as a Jw. By the time I was finally "free" of the cult, I was past my prime childbearing years, and was single, so I did not have kids. I'm 44 now and won't have any, and that's mainly because I "couldn't bring myself to have a child and not raise it in the truth and see it annihilated at Armageddon," and "I'm not having a child and raising it the way I was raised!"

PurpleV (Of the I'd Rather Be Dead Than Live Forever With Only JW's Class)

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, Island Woman, STOP stealing my lines.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm going to order that book as soon as I get off here.

My contribution

Lack of Christlike Love

Lack of Christlike LOve

Lack of Christlike LOVe

and lest I forget

Lack of Christlike LOVE

Blondie(Don't you feel the love?!?)

• minimus
    minimus

My friend is now reading, 30 Yrs. a Wt. Slave. He said he finds it a very interesting book and will now enjoy his upcoming vacation a little bit more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit