How much should you tell?

by Mulan 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I should have qualified this, that the person coming to you is a witness, who is doubting.

That makes it easier to answer!

This has happened MANY times to Mrs Ozzie and I. We try to say not too much but let the publications provide the answers........OOPS!!!...I mean refer them to, or loan them a copy, of COC and ISOCF.

As far as telling them what we believe, again we keep it simple. We emphasise that we always believed that the Bible was God's Word and still do. We always believed in a Creator Father God and still do. We always believed that Christ was the ransom and still do. HOWEVER, we no longer believe that the WTS is God's instrument, nor that it is the mediator, standing in the place of Jesus.

Mrs Ozzie has always "let 'em have it" as far as the Mediator teaching.

The temptation. I guess, is to say too much. Our advice would be to use restraint with the amount of words. Too many words can give the impression that you're just embittered against the WTS. That's a "turn off" for even a doubting Dub.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Sentinal,

if we only present the negative, then people's curiosity is peeked

I mean this sincerly, "what is the positive?"

I mean really what is it? I have looked and looked. I tried to give a balanced and fair view of them. I tried to see things from thier point of view. That view is...well, maybe a little unbalanced to say the least. WIthout lying in their favor to distort facts, how can I give an upside besides "Go Join Them And Find Out For Yourself."

I would like to know what the upside to being a JW is if you lack the gene to that feeling of being superior to all others on earth. That gene that you are Gods exclusive pet project. I find it offensive to be lied to. And, I don't lie. I am not good at it. I find it too hard to keep lies strait. It is just easier to tell the whole truth. It has yet to kill me to say I'm sorry if I did bad. And, I find "I don't know is an acceptable answer."

It might help me to tone down a bit. But I will not blow sunshine or smear the truth or hide facts. So what am I to do? I find it more and more difficult to just let the things go that they do. Mainly because if I do where these people are concerned, once they cross that boundry they head for the next fence to knock that one down too and then the next... I find that they lack any respect for others. They do not respect my boundries at all. Even to the point of being without compassion. Maybe I am the only one who has had an all negitive experince. But I do not know of an upside. Any help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit