DF'ed for Organ Transplants?

by NeonMadman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Well, I can't seem to find anyone with a November 11, 1967 Watchtower. Sorry, I tried. One thing that is interesting though, is that in the Watchtower Publications Index for 1930 to 1985 under the heading of Transplanting (subsection 'body parts') this watchtower article is not listed. I do know this watchtower exists, so why is it not listed? Hmmmmm.

• Farkel
    Farkel

derrick,

: Ps: Note to Farkel, Let's not use name calling please RE: Dimbulb Dub

I wasn't name calling. I was saying it like it is. After a staggering 12 posts, you might not yet know that. I always get a kick out of newbies freely handing out advice.

Farkel

• JT
    JT

Technically she is right. Same with blood medical treatment, apostasy, or active military service. The JW COULD do whatever they want but she is not being honest. Could the JW do whatever they wanted without fear of displeasing their God, or repercussions or sanctions from their religion?

No!

In my opinion debate with a believing JW is like being in a pissing contest with a skunk. There is no way to win.

Facts are irrelevant. Honesty and ethics are dispensable. The facade is at stake and face must be saved at all costs.

&&&&&&&&&&

EXCELLENT POINT ---EXCELLENT

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Although I don't quote WT literature, my recall of such instructions is clear. In our locality/congregation we were told "in deep discussions" of the written material, that all though it might save a life if we donated an organ, or saved our life, if we accepted a donated organ, it would be filled with the blood of the owner, and therefore, that blood would be transferred with the organ when transplanted. That is a no no. Remember, "the life is in the blood".

It gave me great pleasure just last year, when I renewed my driver's license, to fill out the paperwork to be an organ donor. I have also notified family members.

• JT
    JT

The QFR clearly stated that an organ transplant was cannibalism. If a dub ate a human's flesh would that dub be DF'd? You bet he would. Just because it didn't clearly state transplants were a DF'ing offense doesn't mean it wasn't. It didn't say organ transplant were like cannibalism or similar to cannibalism, it said organ transplans WAS cannibalism.

If this dimbulb dub STILL doesn't get it, then have the dub write a letter to the Society saying s/he would like to eat some human flesh and would that be ok with the Society?

#########

THE QFR is just another example of the writing style of the Boys in Writing- for the article removes any action that the body should take- so what action would the body have taken 2 months before the article

the jw would have been dfed the article is written like so many other articles

College, 1975, alternative serivce, ONLY JW WILL BE SAVED, etc

we have all seen it so many times before- the QFR is written in that style of DOUBLE MEANING

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Couldn't agree with you more, the articles can sometimes be very hazey or filled with back peddling over things they have done or said. It will be interesting to see how they weasle out of this UN membership scandle.

• garybuss
    garybuss

1968 ".. Christian Witnesses of Jehovah .. consider all transplants between humans as cannibalism." {AWAK Jun 8 1968 21} [Amazingly this 1968 item got left out of the CD-ROM versions of AWAKE. It contradicted "The question of placing one's body or parts of one's body at the disposal of men of science or doctors at one's death for purposes of scientific experimentation or replacement in others is frowned upon by certain religious bodies. However, it does not seem that any scriptural principle or law is involved. It is therefore something that each individual must decide for himself." {WT Aug 1 1961 480]. it was later reversed in "There is no Biblical command pointedly forbidding the taking in of other human tissue .. It is a matter for personal decision. The congregation judicial committee would not take disciplinary action if someone accepted an organ transplant." {WT Mar 15 1980 31}. So the Society's position changed at least twice, 1961 -> 1968 -> 1980. And further "Accepting a bone marrow transplant is up to your conscience." {WT May 15 1984 31}. As a history of reversals, the blood transfusion saga - see 1956 - is even more amazing]

http://www.freeminds.org/history/part3.htm

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

excellent research job garybuss!

• blondie
    blondie

If I understood correctly, Gary, you seemed to say that the word "cannabilism" was left out of the 1968 Awake on the WT-CD. Actually, the 1968 Awake is not on the WT-CD at all. No Awakes before 1970 are on the WT-CD unless they have been added to the WT-CD 2001 version. The June 1968 Awake is referred to in the index on the CD though. I will have to admit that it takes a determined researcher to locate all the info the WT has printed on transplants.

Blondie (transplants was one of my defining points about the WTS and its flip-flops)

• shera
    shera

Just because someone is a newb,doesn't mean they don't know the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit