Speculation ( not theory ) on child abuse inquiries.

by DATA-DOG 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Most of you, like me, keep yourself informed as to what's happening in JW-Land. Like me, you make it your business to know what's going on.

So I'm wondering WHY the WTBTS is allowing Eldubs to appear in these inquiries in Australia?? How can this serve the WTBTS's interests??

Except for drumming up persecution ( which would require a real conspiracy of epic proportions ) to fulfill a prophecy, ( which would be F'd up and sick ) what's the advantage?

Are Christ's Brothers (tm) throwing Eldubs to the wolves??? If so, why??? How could it possibly pay off in the long run, unless you are planning on escaping to your cult HQ in Warwick?

Could they really have been blind-sided? Have decades of delusion caught up with them? Or, am I missing something?

What do you think might be going on??

DD

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I believe it's the nature of a Royal Commission compared to a usual Court.

The common law (and criminal law) protection against self-incrimination does not apply to those called to give evidence to a Royal Commission. The so-called “coercive powers” of a Royal Commission enables a Commission to compel people to attend and answer questions under oath. Failure to comply with a summons issued by a Royal Commission may result in a fine or in some circumstances, imprisonment.

The same sort of penalties apply if requested documents are withheld.

Here is more information: http://commissionwatch.com.au/what-is-a-royal-commission/

Pants.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think its because the elders have no choice. If the elders refused to testify then think of the publicity that would cause. That would result in even more negative publicity because now it would be clear that they are actively seeking to hide something.

They probably also underestimated the astuteness of the commission, thinking they can spin the commissioners the way they spin the the public.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

These guys (the Royal Commission members) are sharp as hell.

They have obviously done ASTONISHING amounts of research, and they've got this thing figured from every conceivable angle.

Amazing stuff. I am impressed.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Damage control...
  • Mephis
    Mephis

I am impressed by the commissioner and the counsel's ability to cut straight through the BS and get to the heart of the matter. It's fantastic watching Watchtower logic being turned on itself like this in public. Horrified too. And ashamed for them because two of the men so far seem to have been absolutely devoid of any compassion as human beings in what bills itself as 'god's loving organisation'. Well, unless one counts compassion towards a pedophile over an abused young woman.

Agree with others that this is no win for them. They've shown in Britain already that they aren't willing to send elders to prison over pedophiles to try to defend non-existant principles here. Australia's commission forces them to make the exact same choice.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    They have to go. There is no refusing it where a Royal Commission is concerned. If they did not attend, they would be in all sorts of horrendous trouble and it would paint them even more starkly guilty.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

In the UK there is another factor that comes into play. Each congregation is a charity which is legally represented by it's trustees. The trustees are always the current body of elders.

Any potential liability in a case of child abuse falls on the trustees of the charity - i.e. the elders. In the event of a Charity Commission investigation into a congregation then the WTS can do nothing to prevent the congregation trustees being held to account - it's charity law. Of course, the WTS also has entities with charitable status and these too can be implicated.

Most elders have zero understanding of the implications of charity law on them. They are forced by WT regulations to go to Bethel yet they still carry the can.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Easy answer to your question, OP:

its because lett, morris, losch, herd, jackson, sanderson and what's-his-name will NEVER sit in the hot seat themselves. They simply ignore summons and refuse to appear. They'll let the elders & co take the heat (and if they fuck it up, I'm sure they'll answer for it later!)

i wonder what's going to happen to the sister who testified about her abuse today. She's still technically a JW believer! Imagine the fallout when or if she's DF'ed for her testimony.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some of the new attention has been stirred up from observed situations in other religions like the Catholics.

There is burgeoning awareness within the public of religious institutions hiding or concealing problems of pedophilia within their organizations.

The JWS has been drawing its own attention by actual instances of pedophilia and a closed operation conducted by the top orchestrative leaders, to place a hush up when these circumstances occur.

The harm of this is that some children has been victimized by sexual predators who have been exploiting this inside hush up policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit