Horrible Bosses

by John Aquila 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"To add insult to injury the CO recommended that since the congregation could afford to save $70,000 so quickly, then it would only be appropriate to raise the monthly contribution that is sent to the Society by another $1000 a month."

“This is what Pharaoh says: ‘I will not give you any more straw. Go and get your own straw wherever you can find it, but your work will not be reduced at all.’” Exodus 5:10-11 New International Version

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks for that wonderful account. It's like the org is getting blatant now - like it doesn't even care that it might alienate some (many?). It makes me wonder if the Great Leaders are on a money grab - getting it while they can because they know there's trouble ahead.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Village Idiot
    “This is what Pharaoh says: ‘I will not give you any more straw. Go and get your own straw wherever you can find it, but your work will not be reduced at all.

Lol! I never thought of that. On the other hand, didn't the Nation rebelled and leave Egypt because of that? The Exodus has begun!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Magnum
    It's like the org is getting blatant now - like it doesn't even care that it might alienate some (many?).

You know I really believe they don't care who leaves or who gets mad. They demoted DOs, old elders and COs, removed elders, kicked out many serving in Branches and Bethel for years. They don't seem to care how many leave as long as they can get as much money as possible in this short term. They are not thinking or caring about long term anymore.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Lovely, and heart-warming to read. I just wish that one, just one body of elders - and the congregation - would unanimously stand together against the Org in something like this. Show unity against the bully, they can't demand private funds!
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Maybe the Elders, COs, and DOs can unionize and go on strike.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The Searcher
    Lovely, and heart-warming to read. I just wish that one, just one body of elders - and the congregation - would unanimously stand together against the Org in something like this. Show unity against the bully, they can't demand private funds!

I wonder what would have happened if they would have stand against the Org? I believe the name of the account in the bank was not the Kingdom Hall. Maybe they were threaten with disfellowshiping, I'm not sure. As it is, the family's of the two elders are now split because the wives want to be loyal to the organization and the former elder husbands want nothing to do with the Org anymore. Either way the Watchtower has again damaged another two families with children. Plus all the members who contributed to that fund are split. Some are mad at the Watchtower and some are still loyal because they think God is behind them and not the elders. It's never easy.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Plus all the members who contributed to that fund are split. Some are mad at the Watchtower and some are still loyal because they think God is behind them and not the elders.

If I had contributed my money specifically for a remodel and the remodel was cancelled, I would demand my funds be returned. (In the US) it is illegal to use funds for a different purpose than for what they were solicited.

Doc

• oppostate
    oppostate

@John Aquila:

Can you share the name of the congregation here or perhaps in a pm?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    oppostate

@John Aquila:

Can you share the name of the congregation here or perhaps in a pm?

I sent you a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit