Caught Red Handed at a Funeral Home

by Sangdigger 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I did it.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Unfortanately, I think the official statement "Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned" Is only true for those who remain in Limbo. They never speak openly againts the tower, and never attend another church, and basically remain quiet. These are simply classified as "Inactive" to the local congo. To those who are in Limbo, why would any action need to be taken? They are not a threat to the congo. Of course situations vary, one seen puffing on a cigarette could easily be awakened out of Limbo by the local Elders who are informed by a "Loyal dub" LOL

Jim

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Of course situations vary, one seen puffing on a cigarette could easily be awakened out of Limbo by the local Elders who are informed by a "Loyal dub" LOL

True. My point, expressed badly I admit, is that there are options. The elder presented to you just two choices and I was just trying to expand the list a little. I've never liked bullies and the elder was being one. I agree wholeheartledly that fading away is the best course, especially if shunning is an issue.

• wednesday
    wednesday

As sandigger said, unless u plan on living quietly and never attending another church, or violating many of the many JW rules, u really can't just leave. If you want to celebrate the holidays, post here under your real name, and just any nuber of things-u could be surprised one day when u are caught by a loyal jw . They would say it was jehovah who guided them /to allow all to knwo your true heart condition.

now i too am doing the slow fade. But i live in libo-or pergurtory as i like to call it.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I did my best to fade away gradually. It was working fairly well, untill my mother demanded to know my position. The shunning began when I told her, and then she proceeded to ruin my relationships with friends and family by slandering my name. It was at that point, when I decided to make it official by writing my letters to the congregation and to the WTBTS. During the whole ten years that I was fading, not one elder made a call on me. They just left me alone.

Everyone's experience is a bit different, and we each have to do what's best for us. Although, Wednesday, your statement that if you "just choose not to be a JW anymore, you can just leave" and you won't be da'd or df'd is a new one for me. I've read some posts where that seems to have occured, and it blows my mind. If only it had been that easy for me. Most of us are here because we have suffered the exact opposite.

• minimus
    minimus

Sangdigger, I read your post and felt bad for you. How horrible, after soo many years to be away, to still feel that sick feeling in the bottom of your stomach.....God bless your efforts!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Sententil, maybe u misunderstood what i posted-or maybe i was not clear. U can leave without DA/DF but as u know it is called the slow fade and as i said-u really can't have much of a life b/c the chances of them catching u are great. Just as our poor brother here had been out all those years and even joined anotherr church , but got caught at a funeral. Now i can just hear the JW saying the hand of jehovah was in this-he made sure this person was caught. But really-for , what was it 10 yrs, no one called or botherd him. That is unusaul-most of the time u run into people form the hall, and well the odds of him making it 10 yrs without anyone finding out he'd joined a church are slim-but somehow he did it.Or if u celebrate xmas or any holikday for which there are outside decorations-eay to get caught.

I felt so bad for u, no one calling u, u join another church, u are happy and singing at a funeral and the nerve of the JW PO to act like he had a right to say anything to u. U must be a very kind person not to had told him off.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Thank you all for your support. Its good to know i'm among friends, and especially friends who have "been there, done that"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit