Definition of a Crackpot

by IronGland 10 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

One who believes that thousands of intelligent, informed, educated, credentialed scientists from a multitude of backgrounds and belief systems, working all over the world, holding tenure at hundreds of major universities, publishing their findings in peer-reviewed journals, and winning awards and research grants from both government and private industry are wrong, but that a single individual with access to a computer and an Internet account has miraculously stumbled upon the truth.

So...remind you of anyone here?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

So...remind you of anyone here?

You?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ IronGland.

Given your definition, I tend to agree wholeheartedly.

At the risk of appearing naive though, I must ask.. to whom are you referring? I obviously missed something on the board.

• IronGland
    IronGland

just a friendly jab at some of our 'creation scientists' lol

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

just a friendly jab at some of our 'creation scientists' lol

Opps! Sorry, I thought you were talking about alphabet soup, dna and blue skys. My apologies.

IW

• freeman
    freeman

I knew whom you were talking about Iron, but they do have very valid point, namely that it is after all still just a theory.

However what they generally fail to understand is that another theorys with almost that much supporting data makes it possible to power submarines, generate megawatts of clean electricity, and make really cool mushroom clouds too. LOL

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 8 November 2002 21:42:14

• IronGland
    IronGland

Well, you were among those I was referring to.

• bisous
    bisous

what is the point of this thread other than to create ill will .... stir up shit.

edited to add - what part of this authentic definition represents a friendly jab?

crack·pot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kr
    n.

An eccentric person, especially one with bizarre ideas.

adj.

Foolish; harebrained: a crackpot notion.
  • IronGland
    IronGland

No ill will.It had a history and it just took me awhile to respond. Relax,Friend.

• bisous
    bisous

hmmmmm. well, guess I'm slow ... because it seems pointless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit