Dr Monica Applewhite!

by username 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

You do know the definition of an EXPERT don't you !

A Has-Been who has reached a sell by date : EX.SPURT

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    I seriously doubt she will be working for the WTS again.

She might not be working much longer for her practice either whose motto on their website is:

'METICULOUS ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS OUR STANDARD' (never seen such a sloppy performance in my life)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

She literally FELL APART under questioning!

The lack of preparation the branch gave her, and her limited actual experience was so obvious.

When the judge and prosecution asked about her resume in detail,(and believe me it WAS in detail) it was clear that she had no published peer reviewed material, and was simply a "paid for supporter".

Even when the WT lawyer questioned her, both he and she fell apart under scrutiny!

The main "arrow" in her and the WT quiver was a broad unverifiable claim that "JW practices are better than many other faith based groups". The judge summed it up well when he said "we are not here to see who is better than whom. We are here to see if JW's have displayed 'best practice' in the way they handle matters...and it appears that this cant be established"

Simply amazing to watch....

• blondie
    blondie
    Who has she worked for in the past or a reliable link listing these organizations.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Of course this is what happens when you rely on the testimony of just one witness...

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I got the impression she was competent at her job. I think the lawyer and judge rattled her a bit. I also think she should of been more thorough in her report and should of done more preparation.

I disagree. It was obvious she was not a forward thinker (had no published peer reviewed docs), was teaching using materials developed by others, had not personally done risk assesements (she said a team at her previous job did those). etc. She basically does training and is a paid for "expert witness". In this instance, she was not an expert and fell apart under questioning.

• Viviane
    Viviane

When asked if she had ever given negative feedback about or to the JW Org, her answer was "I've not been hired to do that".

Geeeezzzzz....

• Splash
    Splash

I suspect Dr Applewhite has fallen into the trap of trusting the WT.

I imagine she would have produced her report and passed it to WT Legal to validate there was nothing incorrect.

WT would have approved the report as correct, not expecting to be confronted with an extremely knowledgeable Royal Commission who can see through the misdirection that has traditionally been successful for WT.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So, by her own admission, the WTBTS hired her. She's part of Babylon the Great...

Can we find out how much $$$ she's getting???

DD

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower's hired expert, Dr. Monica Lisa Applewhite, was thoroughly dismantled by Mr. Angus Stewart (assisting counsel for the Royal Commission) and the Chair, Justice Peter McClellan.

She was testifying on behalf of Watchtower to bolster her written claims that Watchtower policy meets the standard of care for dealing with allegations of child molestation and that it represents good practice.

She ended up confessing Watchtower's policy to have a woman confront ultimately three men (elders of a judicial committee) in the presence of her abuser and without any moral support DOES NOT meet the standard of care and is NOT good practice.

So glad this woman got her chance to go on the record. I appreciate that Watchtower paid for her service to humanity.

But it took Messrs. Stewart and McClellan to bring her to the promised land of truth!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit