HOW BETHELITES MAKE MONEY

by JT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Just a correction...not all government employees are lazy

##########

I just love posters like this- they miss the whole point -

if this poster actually thinks i was talking about the every single gov employee who works for the federal, state and local level then this poster is truly sad

while it is commendable that you are a hard working employee for the gov- the fact remains that over the years sad to say some gov employees have given others a very bad rep

I leave here in Washington DC - all my friends and neighbors work for the gov, esp the fed and they often laugh about how little they do at your expense and mine

i work for a gov contactor and i work along some of the hardest working forks who are gov employees, but on the other hand i work for some folks who if they worked in private industry they would lose their jobs, but due to high senoirity they can't be touched and they laugh about it all the time-

but the bottom line is the phrase was used in a broad brush manner and if anyone assumed that it was talking about every single employee then they need to get a better grip of phrases and how they are used

• benext
    benext

I've known about the side jobs for years. When it came time to get a contract for our roof the Bethelite got a fellow Bethelite, who walked around the roof, then charged $400 for an "inspection." When the bill came he had a company letterhead on it!

What about the out of town speaking jobs? How much did they pay?

• JT
    JT

I won't get a raise this year because the state I live in didn't pass a budget

############

i am sorry to hear that- recently i found out that the agency i work for is ranked 5 in federal gov with the highest number of GS-12 and above- we have tons of lawyers here, investment guys from both the insurance and banking private sector

they also have one of the highest turn overs in gov workers - they come here and work for 3-5 and then they leave with what they ref to as thier GOLDEN ROLEDEX which contains all kinds of major players from around the world, some work like dogs - others coast along--

they also are scheduled to get a bonus this year- it is interesting to see how not all govermment employees like yourself don't always get a fair shake and i agree with you

• nita6368
    nita6368

Well JT, I am not "truly sad" and was making a point about generalization. I guess it wouldn't bother you to read a post stating that all men were jerks...just a generalization. I just asked you not to lump all gov workers in one basket, I didn't attack you, didn't call you sad ..just gave you experience from being a government worker.

• JT
    JT

I just asked you not to lump all gov workers in one basket,

@@@

as i mentioned --if you walked away after reading my orginal post feeling that i was lumping "all gov workers in one basket" which would be 100's of 1000s of men and women at the Federal State and Local level in my view that is sad-

in fact the post had nothing to do with Goverment workers, i was merely defining were the term G-Jobbing came from-

I'm sorry that you are so easily offended

• nita6368
    nita6368

Not offended at all, just adding my 2 cents worth

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I'm sorry that you are so easily offended

JT, Nita has a good point and presented it in a polite way. Why can't you do the same? She didn't bash you and her point about generalization was a good one.

• JT
    JT

I can't believe this --i merely gave a definition of a word-- a word that i neither invented or coined

"g-jobbing" - i explained where the word came from and now i am suppose to be saying that every single gov worker is lazy

if that is how you see it- so be it

• Dia
    Dia

Thank you for a great post. It was very enlightening.

I was wondering whether the IRS might like to read it....

• nita6368
    nita6368

Thanks Roy Really no harm done, I am not that easily offended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit