I'm in love with a witness

by Gig 20 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

There's a great book, "How to Rescue Your Loved One from the Watchtower." I think it's by Randy Watters. Anyway you can get it from the bookstore at www.freeminds.org, along with some other great reference books like "Reasoning with JWs."

Good luck.

• shera
    shera

I'm sorry,that I don't have the answers you want to hear.If she is really"firm" in the organization.You will not make her leave.You trying will just make her believe the WTS is right.She is trying to make you a JW and if you donot become one,like the others have said here,she will be made to leave you.She will be looked at being spiritually weak and bad association within the organization.Stupid I know...but I wish you the best.Just don't wait too long,you deserve to be happy as well.

It is extremly hard to get threw a JW,they have to wake up to see it on their own.I did.

Take care

p.s..if you ever see any doubt...work on that with tact.

• talley
    talley

"I'm 'in love' with a witness".......... real lasting love is made up of three important things; 1) Like 2) Respect &3) Admiration those have to be in place when the bloom of youth has given way to age and disability, when the time left is cherished and snuggling is the most wonderful, impotrant, fullfilling emotion, even more satisfying than the fire and vigor of youth. talley/Judy

• TR
    TR
    I'm in love with a witness

Well, knock it off, dummy.

TR

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I have to just agree with most here. You are better off repeatedly slamming your head into a brick wall then trying to deprogram a JW. There are a few books and websites that can help, but in the end, the ONLY way a JW will re-examine their belief in their god (Watchtower) is if they are already facing internal doubts, questions, etc. Check www.freeminds.com for a ton of info on deprogramming JWs.

If you can get her to read Crisis of Conscience you might have a chance.

Face the fact that she is trying to program YOU into becoming a JW wo that she can be with you 'legally' and without hassle from her JW elders/friends.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

No matter how you try to emotionally manipulate this relationship based on "love" my friend...you are in for a rocky rough and horrible ride if all you both do is try to convert the other. If you dont become a JW and you get married (which would have to be by a justice of the peace and not in a church or Kingdom Hall, and to which most of her friends and relatives probably WOULDNT come) she will be constantly leaving you and spending time with them. Its not just the 5 hours a week they actually SIT at the hall, its half hour of prep plus driving time before and after those meetings and then field service and other "get togethers" which exclude non believers. I have to tell you now, this will fester in you until you want to explode. She wants her cake and to eat it too and frankly, you are probably just a play thing to her because she cant "play" with witness guys and she knows you wont go running off to tell the elders about anything she is doing that she isnt supposed to be. There will be constant pressure for you to become one of THEM to make HER life easier. Prepare to never celebrate Christs birth again, nor easter, nor any other holiday, nor birthdays nor involvement in sports or dances or ANYTHING for your potential children. There will be a battle constantly for the kids to become witnesses and their mom's relatives will be telling them that Daddy will be killed at armageddon if he doesnt become a JW. And those same JWs will not hesitate to tell your kids that they will die TOO if they dont become JWs. There is no such thing as tact. And they believe they can speak right over you and anybody else who isnt a JW because they are the superior, the chose, the ONLY in Gods eyes.

Go back in this discussion group and search for other stories like yours and really READ the advice there...we wont blow smoke up your butt...this is serious stuff.

Good luck

• Valis
    Valis

Visit: Freeminds | Research on the WT | Quotes | WT Info Service | Assoc. JW Reform on Blood | Silentlambs

Those links should provide you with enough evidence to answer any questions you have and help you move toward a descision that involves you making a choice between happiness and being involved in a delusion...Do yourself a favor and get out of that relationship...if she truly loves you then she'll come to you away and separated from the Watchtower Borg...otherwise you will soon discover the depth of her belief in JWland....only a small portent of what your life would be like with her as a good dubbie husband...delusion and then some.

Sincerely,.

District Overbeer

• rocky220
    rocky220

GIG: If she's not keeping it REAL, you are in for a lot of headache and heartache, besides there are a lot of terrific NON-JW women out here, so dont wallow for too long if it doesn't work out. rocky220

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I think it would be best to get this out and in the open with her, you've got to tell her where you stand, show her some facts otherwise this is going to be a thorn in your side year after year.

have you thought about blood transfusions? if you have children would you let them die because of her beliefs? it would tear you up inside and anger would set in at almost anything. have you read Franz's books?, would she be willing to look at them to see your veiwpoint? it would take two strong people to allow this kind of acceptance. IMA

• mouthy
    mouthy

My advice is be honest with her.Her main goal I would be willing to bet-Is convert you to the "flock"

I am sure all her friend are extra sweet to you...Yeah! We were well trained to love bomb until you got dunked.----Tell her the truth-That it is not the truth-She may dump you- & she may even marry you-but after the honeymoon she will return to the KINGDOM HELL --I already have a coule in out support group that happened to- Yes & if she has had sex with you- that may be the reason she is hanging on until she soothes her conscience-& makes it right with Jehovah----Believing that "if her

sin is scarlet it will be white like snow" if she corrects the issue. I feel very sorry for you if you love her. But I would say- cut your losses & run from her. Sorry to be so blunt.

http://www.jwinfoline.com//Page/audio.htm ---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit