JW's...the loving religion?

by Golden Girl 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I posted an update on hubby's scan.

But I had a comment to make about the Jehvah's Witnesses which I will still have some contact with for a litte while. Hubby has always believed it to be the "Truth" and always will. He has never said anything bad about the religion except one time to a friend of his when he wan't going to the meetings .. The friend asked him what religion he was and he answered "I used to be a JW". He told me the other day that he comited the unforgiven sin. And won't be resurrected! Well I was dumbfounded. I though the unforgiven sin was denying "Jehovah. Not saying you weren't one. Well I couldn't convince him.

Meanwhile he had been attending meetings but now he is too tired. He has only been 2 times since he was diagnosed with cancer. The laison committee knows and so do some other brothers from his congregation. Wel It has been 2 months and not one single witness has called or some by to see how he is! But they are constantly working on the assembly hall right down the street.

He talked to his JW sister and Mom today and his Mom told him to call the laison committee and ASK somone to come and pray with him!..I was sooo Mad!. If they come I will catch them outside and tell them what I think!.

Well he caled them and the brother told him he had to go work at the assembly hall (redecorating)but they would be by sometime! My heart was breaking for him!

He cares more about them than all the friends he had at work that are constantly calling!. His sister told him he has it made because he will go to sleep and not have to see the "Great Tribulation". Then they can see each other in the New system. Well I feel left out!....I fume inside when I hear those things but I want him to have some hope! If he didn't have that he would crack up. I love him too much to argue about religion with him anymore!. I go along with whatever he says for now!

His JW Mom wants to see him so bad and she crys because she can't. She is almost 2 hours away and 80 years old. She can't drive that far. I guess the JW's that drive her up here to go to the assembly hall around the corner can't drive her here to see her son!

Soon they will not be any part of my life..

Snoozy.......

Edited by - Golden Girl on 7 November 2002 22:39:50

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

GG ...

Gads..what a way to live life...pathetic. I hope with everything going on you're keeping yourself in a 'secure' place (mentally)... Take care of yourself GG.

DE

• Xandria
    Xandria

Awww... Snoozy,

Sigh, what a crappy thing to do to someone. I can only say, it doesn't make this situation any easier to bear or deal with. I was blessed with family who would work together ( non-JW ) to care for my Grandmother when she was ill. We were by her side until the end. I can only imagine the anger you must be feeling right now, along with a strong sense of abandonment.

All one can do is be there for your husband as best as you can. It is difficult when you feel shut out of so many things. It is a slap and you are vaildated in your feelings. Just don't forget to come up for air once in a while. Away from the manure smell of JW-ism at it (cough cough) best.

It just reminds me of the parable the Little Red Hen. Hang in there. Don't let them walk over you either. Express yourself, if they don't like it tough. It doesn't say K.H. at your front door. I don't see them paying the bills, or taking responsiblities to help. An until they do they have no real say in anything, and even if they did do anything it still would not be any of their bee's wax.

.o0( dreaming of the day you can tell em' "Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya")

Xandria

• neyank
    neyank

I don't want to sound cold but,
    what do you expect from a publishing company?

The caring for your fellow man is only done if you're at the meetings 5 times a week and out selling, placing and distributing thier literature.

The WTS has these people so blinded that selling magazines at the doors is the only Christian duty that one must do.

The fruits of the spirit is not on thier list as being as important than placing magazines with ever changing information in them.

So it's no wonder that most JWs will not go out of thier way to care for a fellow human being.

I'm not saying that thier aren't individual JWs that really are caring and show it but, for the most part that is not as important as doing what the WTS tells, comands and demands them to do.

And you know what that is??????

Yes you guessed it!!!

Be at all the meetings and get out in field service selling thier mags.

I hope things work out for you two.

neyank

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((Snoozy)) - what a trying time for you and hubby!!!

It sounds as if you & hubby had a marriage most would envy - that is something to be cherished.

I wish there was something I could say that would ease your burden

My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Rhonda

• acsot
    acsot

I'm so sorry for what you are going through at this time. Unfortunately, I have no difficulty whatsoever in believing the JWs are acting like that. I'm still "in" the organization, mostly for my mother's sake, but I have seen the same thing happen, usually to older ones in the org. who don't seem to be of much "use" to anyone there. No love, no fruitage of the spirit - ergo no true religion.

I do think you're doing the right thing, in not rocking the boat for your husband's sake. He needs whatever peace and comfort he can have right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((GG))))))))

I feel so sad for your husband and you. This has got to be one of the worst times in your lives and a time when you need love a support the most, my heart goes out to you both and am glad that you have this forum to come to for comfort be what it may.......please give your hubby my deepest sympathies and a great big hug!

I know this may seem trite, I do wish I could personally do more but just know that Craig (onacruse) and I have you both in our thoughts, and prayers.

bc

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

GG,

I am sorry about what you and your husband are going thru. The JWs surely is one of the most Unloving organizations around. All their preaching about love is just pure Horse Manure. Sorry to say this, but all the JWs are Full of It!

best regards.

• ugg
    ugg

how awful for you!!! just know you are not alone....HUGS AND MORE HUGS BEING SENT

• Dia
    Dia

My best wishes and prayers to you both.

Please feel free to come here when you want someone to talk with.

Suggestion: Can one of his work buddies go and fetch his mom? Perhaps ask a witness first (if you haven't done that already), just to put a pretty face on it and help them to 'allow' it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit