JUDGEMENT DAY

by RR 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Interesting discussion. Many of those scriptures, I had forgotten. If one is using the bible to have a scriptural discussion, good thing to know what you're talking about.

But what gets me, and always did and probably always will:

...that god or whatever supreme creature christians believe in, created this 'Adam & Eve' Perfect to become imperfect...pretty quick.

Seems to me, god is not very good at creating anything perfect, seems doomed to bungling. No warranty with god's creation.

Even the angels, I guess 'he/god' created those right? and this Satan dude, becomes tainted somehow, imperfect....Huh? I give myself a perpetual headache with that one.

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to me.

Not to put a wrench in your fan folks, but I struggled with that for eons. It's still important to have these discussions, and for those who believe in the bible etc., well...you have questions and of course, you seek answers.

Those that are either existing Jehovah's Witnesses or others whom are considering, I'm hoping you'll find your scriptural answers here with the very well versed and skilled participants on this forum.

I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone, but I just had to be honest with my 2 cents worth.

Take care.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

If the wts society condemn ppl to second death and believe the "worldly" people are condemned to second death, than I don't see Gods home being a kingdom! it would be more like the village of god not the kingdom of god!

Its not up to the wts to judge anyway! Its up to god/jehovah to judge!

From Evanescence

• Tyrannus@sbcglobal.net
    [email protected]

Revelation 19:19-21, from the New International Version, says: "19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh." In this Scripture, only the Wild Beast and the False Prophet (the two beasts described in Revelation 13; the Wild Beast coming from the sea, and the False Prophet coming from the earth) are described as being thrown into the lake of fire (the second death). Everyone else is described as being killed, but not as being thrown into the lake of fire with the two beasts. My understanding, then, is that these people executed at the battle of Armageddon will indeed be a part of the second resurrection described at Revelation 20:13.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I love these discusions! What brilliant and deep thinkers we have here!

This is a little pearl from The Message Bible:

Hebrews 9:27 -28 Everyone has to die once, then face the consequences. Christ's death was also a one-time event, but it was a sacrifice that took care of sins forever. And so, when he next appears, the outcome for those eager to greet him is, precisely, salvation.

The second death is by choice, right? I agree with AGuest that only one has been consigned to the second death - so far.

Sylvia

ps highlighting is mine

• PRBjr
    PRBjr

Blondie asked this question a few years ago:

RR, from what I have read in Russell's writings, Russell believed that all would be resurrected including Adam and Eve. Is that correct? Is that universal salvation?

I must answer that Russell did not teach universal salvation. However, he did teach of the universal opportunity for salvation. Every person who has ever lived will be presented with the opportunity to make things right with God and walk the highway of holiness. However, each person is free to rebel and walk the highway to everlasting death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit