Why I VOTED REPUBLICAN on Nov 5th

by cellomould 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

My reply to the mid-term election.

So eloquently stated by Kool & the Gang

Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)
    Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)
    There's a party goin' on right here
    A celebration to last throughout the years
    So bring your good times, and your laughter too
    We gonna celebrate your party with you
    Come on now
    Celebration
    Let's all celebrate and have a good time
    Celebration
    We gonna celebrate and have a good time
    It's time to come together
    It's up to you, what's your pleasure
    Everyone around the world
    Come on!
    Yahoo! It's a celebration
    Yahoo!
    Celebrate good times, come on!
    It's a celebration
    Let's celebrate
    We're gonna have a good time tonight
    Let's celebrate, it's all right
    We're gonna have a good time tonight
    Baby...
    We're gonna have a good time tonight   (Ce-le-bra-tion)
    We're gonna have a good time tonight   (Ce-le-bra-tion)
    Yahoo!
    Yahoo!
    Celebrate good times, come on!   (Let's celebrate)
    It's a celebration!
    Celebrate good times, come on!   (Let's celebrate)
      Come on and celebrate, good times, tonight   (Celebrate good times, come on!)
    'Cause everything's gonna be all right
    Let's celebrate (Celebrate good times, come on)
    (Let's celebrate)...

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 November 2002 20:47:24

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 November 2002 20:50:47

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I'm actually a moderate leaning towards conservatism. The Republicans have been given a chance they haven't had in many deacdes, so they damn well better do something good with it.

Yesterday morning, on talk radio, all I heard were callers and announcers saying how abortion could now be made illegal again. Sorry folks, while I am not an advocate of abortion necessarily, I think there are much more pressing issues.

Now, if they will just ignore the Christian Right, maybe they will do something.

Lew W

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Dakota- fantisy land is at disney. If anything is accomplished for the good in the next two years I will be amazed. Bush is a war president and has done nothing for domestic affairs. I am moving to canada where I can afford drugs as I get older and I dont have to worry about which country we are going to demolish next. Bushes great tax incentive where he gave $300 and $600 to american taxpayers broke the bank and did nothing for the economy. And I did not even recieve a penny of that money. Social Security is a joke- as is medicaid and medicare. With the baby boomers getting older this country is going to really suck in a few years. Lobbiest in Washington have the politicians in thier pocket and it is getting worse. While Bush is raving about Sadam no one notices that my 78 year old mom has to pay for her own drugs because medicaid just will not pay the cost of drugs for the elderly unless it is a life threatening situtation. Did you know that?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gray Davis is a corrupt scum-bag. Bill Simon was unschooled in politics and didn't know how to play the game. It was not a good slate for voters.

Abe Lincoln was pretty unschooled in politics himself. He wasn't a scumbag, but he wasn't perfect, either.

I didn't register for this election, but had I done that, I would have voted for Simon. It would have taken Simon several years to learn how to steal from us. Davis has already mastered that art.

The key is to get politicians in there who don't yet know how to steal and get them out when they learn how to do it.

Willie Brown is still with us as mayor of San Francisco and he's the biggest scumbag that I know about in my lifetime possibly being eclipsed by Slick Willie and Al Gory. I don't have the numbers handy.

Farkel

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Oh Farkel, you live in that place? God do I feel sorry for you

• Farkel
    Farkel

RandomTask,

I've been living in Sacramento for the last almost six months. I've lived in the San Diego area for most of my life. I lived there when Jerry Brown's old man (Edmund G. "asshole" Brown) was Governor, and when Reagon was governor. Reagan was the best State governor any state could ever dream of having. California today is not unlike the People's Republic of China. The inmates have taken over.

Farkel

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah, I think i'm getting out of the state next year, especially when a guy like Davis gets re-elected. I'm gonna miss San Diego, but I'm finding it hard to afford

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    fantisy land is at disney. If anything is accomplished for the good in the next two years I will be amazed.

Kelsey, why not give them a chance? So far, the Dems have held the presidency and both houses and accomplished nothing but higher taxes and less benefits to the rest, except for their special interst groups.

Bush is a war president and has done nothing for domestic affairs.

Should he just ignore what happened on September 11, 2001? He wasn't asking fora fight until then, if you remember. As for domestic affairs, our current situation started 18 months before Clinton left office.

I am moving to canada where I can afford drugs as I get older and I dont have to worry about which country we are going to demolish next.

Again, do we knuckle under to terrorism and allow them to control us? Do we wait until Saddam has nuclear weapons and uses them before acting? I'm all for total elemination of them, myself, but how can we when little jerkwater nations like North Korea and possible Iraq are getting them now? Oh, also allowed under the Clinton administration. They did a lot for our security, didn't they?

Bushes great tax incentive where he gave $300 and $600 to american taxpayers broke the bank and did nothing for the economy.

I don't know about that. The $600 I got did a lot for my economy. Seems to me not long after, some really big event happened.

And I did not even recieve a penny of that money.

Sorry, but many I know did and we all spent it. That is what makes an economy grow, spending money. But not money you don't have, as the Dems continually did for so long. Then, they just raise taxes to cover it. I work very hard for my money, why shouldn't I get to keep as much of it as possible? So do you.

Social Security is a joke- as is medicaid and medicare.

I agree. But, did you know it was the Dems who raided the funds long ago for their pet projects?

With the baby boomers getting older this country is going to really suck in a few years.

Well, as one of those baby boomers who is getting older and who has been paying into it all my life, I will certainly appreciate all your efforts to support me, if I get to retire. Too bad the Dems decided to extend benefits from the funds to all sorts of people who never paid into it much and allow them to draw it fraudently while the rest of us pay.

Lobbiest in Washington have the politicians in thier pocket and it is getting worse.

For the majoruty of my life, it has been Dems in control of the house and senate and accepting funds and gifts from those lobbiests. Under their watch, the House and Senate were excused from the very laws they passed for the rest of us to follow, until the Republicans changed that in the md 90s. While every special interest group has the right to lobby their cause, I feel their efforts in lobbying should be monitored much closer. The Dems seemed to jst take the money. Maybe the Republicans will do something about it, I hope.

While Bush is raving about Sadam no one notices that my 78 year old mom has to pay for her own drugs because medicaid just will not pay the cost of drugs for the elderly unless it is a life threatening situtation. Did you know that?
    Well, my own grandmother, who was well in her 80s at the time, lost her benefits so they could be given to Cuban immigrants in Florida. Oh, that was under the last days of the Carter administration, I believe. I agree something needs done about the high cost of drugs and the elderly, but to date, the Dems, who maintained much control of both house for so long, did nothing. Let's hope the republicans will.

One thing you fail to understand. The president can do very little by himself. He needs the approval of the House and Senate to accomplish much. They are the ones with the real power. How they vote is pretty much how the country will go. He does not control either house nor does he have a vote. Cheney is only allowed to vote as a tie breaker, if it is an even vote.

I'm for at least giving them a chance. I don't see where they can do much worse than their predecessors. The Dems have sold this country down the tubes with their social experiments and high taxation. All the while, they lay the blame on the republicans and cry for even more tax dollars. I'm simply fed up with the usual tax and spend policies they incorporated for so many years. The things you mentioned are the ones I hope to see them concentrate on and soon.

Lew W

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Well, I knew that Davis would win, so it was no problem for me to vote for Camejo. However, I did it just because of disgust of Davis. But, truth is, I'd rather have the Scumbag Davis in office than the Asshole Simon. Other than for Governor, I voted Democratic party completely. The Republicans are what JWs would be if they ran for office, IMO. The day that they get out of bed with the religious right is the day that I will give them passing consideration. For now, one cult experience is enough for me. And to all those who complain about rolling blackouts under Davis: HELLO, the engine that put this in place was voted in far before Davis became governor.

BTW, PROUD to live in San Francisco. And, proud to be in a State that is primarily Democrat. California is usually on the cutting edge of economic/socia/political movements. Maybe the rest of the country bamboozled by the GOP will wake up before it's too late.

This has been a paid political endorsement.

John W Wirtanen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit