Well written, scathing article that summarises first 3 days of RC hearing.

by Pants of Righteousness 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper
    The last three paragraphs are PRICELESS!!!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    You almost have to wonder if the writer's an (extremely educated) XJW.
  • skin
    skin

Nice summary. I read this with my jehovahs witness mind in operation. There are a number of points in that read that a jw will point to as reason's why this article is a lie.

1: "Jehovah’s Witness Church is a tightly controlled, rule-bound organisation that seeks to keep its members in relative isolation from the rest of society…". - Jw answer "no it doesn't" would be the answer I would hear.

2: "Elders encourage their flock to shun “worldly people” because the secular are agents of the Beast". - jw answer "no they dont".

Based on these 2 so called in correct statements, the average jw that I know is going dismiss this article as being apostate lies.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

"This commission has given us a dire procession of men – and it is almost always men – whose graceless and immodest authority is finally being tested. Priests, pastors and principals. Community elders who wore their stature proudly, while poisoning their fiefdoms. Men who demanded fealty from women and children, but allowed them to be abused. Men allegedly anointed by the Holy Spirit, but who farmed rapists.

And it is now these men – senior administrators and community leaders – who profess serial ignorance. Men who demanded respect, but who now ask for simple questions to be repeated. Solipsists who qualify their transgressions and disavow their catastrophes. Men who are both verbose and inarticulate. Repeatedly in these hearings we have seen men who must make a strategic choice to portray themselves as either bumbling or mendacious. "

Love it!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

They were uniformly ineloquent and unhelpful.

Yeah.....pretty much sums it all up!

As I read in the man from Washingtons story regarding his departure.....I used to think the religion I belonged to was expansive, knowledgeable, and encompassing of all people. I continually am reminded of my naivety as I see a petty and small minded religion trapped in a bygone era refusing to even consider the possibility of reform, or acknowledge that word is a good thing.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

I was impressed with how well the author understood JW teaching and yet was still very respectful considering how horrible the allegations are. He just presented the facts and allows the reader to draw their own conclusions.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The writer of the report Martin McKenzie Murray should be made an honorary member of the ex JW community!

He certainly let rip against the cult...let's have more please, both here in the UK and in USA and Canada.

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I know this was posted 4 years ago, but given the number of new members to the forum and that there has been no real change to the two-witness rule thought this might be worthy of a bump.

A string of gormless elders took the stand this week to face questions about the obscenity of their procedures. They were uniformly ineloquent and unhelpful. While professing to cherish modesty, there was no humility in any of the elders’ reluctance to accept responsibility. One Narrogin elder, Joe Bello, revealed the contemptuous aloofness that defines Jehovah’s Witnesses. Asked if he had been following the work of the royal commission, he replied: “No, I haven’t.”

“Not at all?”

“Not at all.”

This commission has given us a dire procession of men – and it is almost always men – whose graceless and immodest authority is finally being tested. Priests, pastors and principals. Community elders who wore their stature proudly, while poisoning their fiefdoms. Men who demanded fealty from women and children, but allowed them to be abused. Men allegedly anointed by the Holy Spirit, but who farmed rapists.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The expand your vocabulary posting. I enjoy learning words ( and look at origins) now to see if any of these words show up at the hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit