Isn't It Ironic

by kelpie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

First I want to say that every cong is different to some extent. My comments are only the ones I personally experienced.

The cong I attended my father was an elder and my grandfather was a PO for as long as I can remember. My family was well known and I couldn't get away with anything. At any assembly I was ratted on constintly for the smallest things.

By the time I was 15 I had been in about 6-10 judical meetings. Which led to my getting df'd at 15.

Personally I found being an elder's daughter a burden and not a privledge. Always being watched and having to set the example for the young people in my cong. I hated it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

Of the elders, beware.........for once you start down their path...........forever will it dominate your destiny!

Of the elder's children beware........for once you start down their path, forever will it dominate your destiny........

Edited by - Mary on 7 November 2002 20:27:45

Edited by - Mary on 7 November 2002 20:29:18

• kelpie
    kelpie

I have walked in both shoes. My father is the only elder in his congreation. the previous congregation I was in (dad still in his) the elders children were caught smoking dope by my brother and another brother and my brother got in trouble for doing it not the elder's son. He lied his way out of it.

One one occasion we all had a camp out. the elder was there and so were his children. My sister and I ended up leaving without staying over night because of all the alcohol there and the elders children were the drunkest of all of them.

Prisca I know you have heard of this family so I wont mention any names. Any way, we mentioned it to my mum that we didnt stay because of the drunkeness (at time I thought it was a bad thing to do) and she told the CO.

Then next thing we knew my sister and I were in a meeting with the elders getting told that our opinion was wrong and that we had to go and apologise for having our own opinion. (those exact words) the elder that told us this was the father of those kids.

I hope I havent rubbed anyone up the wrong way because I didnt intend to but I have lived on both sides of the coin and that is just the way I see things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit