Just signed up for my first Christmas party!

by Matty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

Dsgal, it must be tough to have a normal childhood and then to suddenly have the witness lifestyle thrusted upon you. I guess that at an early age you would trust that your parents are doing the right thing by you. To a certain extent born-to's don't really miss what they've never had in the first place.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The most shocking thing I found from going to several Christmas parties for several companies was that they had little to do with Christmas and that everything for the most part that I was led to believe about what went on was pretty much an exaggeration or outright lies.

Imo they are just formal dinner/dance things like a wedding reception. Most JW parties (and some receptions) I went to were "worse" in the sense of unrestrained activity. Christmas parties are sometimes pretty dull by comparrison. My main reaction was "this is it?" These were the big bad christmas parties we were warned so much about?

In my years out of the WT I have found there to social rules that non JW's seem to know and abide by that keep them for the most part restrained. (Don't sleep with your workmates, don't be the most intoxicated in the room and don't drive home if you're drunk.) JW's just do not grasp this and are governed by their own ridiculous rules that beg to be broken. They are either fanatical prudes or total hypocrites.

Path

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh dear. Matty be careful of those dangerous creatures that are sometime known as a "girl from the office". Rest asured, dear boy, that these voluptuous creatures will have had your lithe young limbs targetted for a long time now. You see, your unavailability has been a challenge to them for many years, all the time that you have been a JW in fact, and they're itching to get their inky little mits on your torso. In fact, they're probably taking bets on which one of them will succeed in picking your cherry.

Keep them at arms length old chum and you will pique their interest even more, submit and you're yesterdays hero.

Or suggest a sixsome - 5 gals and you - and go out in style.

Englishman, remembering......................

• Matty
    Matty

Bless you, you're too kind Eman, I think you credit me with rather more charisma than I actually have.

• Funky_Diva_53_2000
    Funky_Diva_53_2000

Hi Matty,thanks for the reply to my post earlier.I hope you have a great Christmas party this year :) .It's a bit strange that the bloke I used to date who is a Jehovahs Witness has invited me to his works Christmas do (his work mates don't know hes a witness though),and this Christmas quizz thing at the pub...and he's also taking me to the college Christmas ball.I don't understand that.I suppose he could just say he's going for the food and the ''social'' side of it though,and not for the Christmas cellebration.Oh well...have a fab time! and don't drink too much!,you wanna be able to remember ya first party.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Matty; I owe you an email which is no1 on my ' to do ' list...

you'll have a great time

I too; like dsgal used to 'do' Christmas until I was in my 20's- then abstained for 12 miserable years.

I'm having my ' 2nd' one this year and i'm really looking forward to all the parties- I have some old friends from pre-dub days that are very close but I hated the 'you used to be a witness ,did'nt you...?' friends;

so this year i've dumped all the people who used to comment continuously to embarass me and put me on the spot to ridicule; and have deliberately made new friends who did'nt know me during my jw phase .

Now I feel I can really relax !

I hope you have a ball - wise advice not to get too off your face in work company-I once made an idiot of myself at a works party-

save it for when you're in the company of friends...Emans bbq next year...??!!

• Matty
    Matty

(((Funky_Diva_53_2000)))
    (((termite 35)))

I am gonna have a ball if it kills me!

I have taken dancing lessons off David Brent from "the Office".

You can see what moves I've learnt by clicking the link below:

Brent Dancing mpeg

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi Matty.

Some wise words of advice about not getting off your tree at a works party,I learnt the hard way many years ago,and I love a party!.

Congratulations on your first,enjoy it,thats what its there for,if this is any help,I usually watch everybody else getting themselves into embarrasing situations,its more fun,and as Termite wisely said,wait untill you are in the company of friends rather than your professional collegues to let the hair down.

Take care,

Rich.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit