Phobia or compulsory

by haujobbz 11 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

This may be a strange question but for the last few years now i have developed a habit of checking over things repeatedly and now its bugging me for example : When on my bike i keep looking back to see if i have dropped anything, also if i take a cd back i keep checking it to see if its the right disk,also i like my clothes folded in a certain way and it bugs me if there not

So im wondering why i have developed this am i mad.

• Celia
    Celia

manic-compulsive or something like that....

• IronGland
    IronGland

Sort of a mild obsessive compulsive? I used to do the same thing with the stove. I was compelled to go back into the kitchen 2-3 times before going to bed, to make sure I didn't leave the stove on. Eventually, I just said to myself 'this is ridiculous'. I would look at it, and assure myself it was really off, and refuse to go back into the kitchen. Eventually the compulsion went away.

• shera
    shera

Sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/ocd.cfm#ocd1

Take care

Heather

• shera
    shera

Wanted to add,don't let it control your life,get a hold on it before it does to you.

• gumby
    gumby

I keep checking to see if I wiped or not. I hate that......people always stare at me like I'm nuts!

Seriously Haujobbz....check it out...it will run your life.

• shera
    shera

Now grumby,I told you this would happen if you checked to hard!

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

i am the same way. when im driving my beer truck. i keep looking to see if all my doors are down.it bugs the hell outta me.....i havta be sure all 20 doors are closed.. i guess im just wierd

• wednesday
    wednesday

hello, wildberman!! U have 20 doors on your truck? Wow.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

You should limit your compulsions to only fun things! Then you can do them ...Over..and Over....and Over....

Snooz

ps...My Mom had the cleanest hands in town for awhile!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit