Uh-Oh, JW's are confused by the news reporting... Getting texts from active members

by thedepressedsoul 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Wow, I'm surprised that it is getting such a reaction in (your part of) the USA. To my knowledge, this hasn't hit the biggest of the news outlets (major TV networks, MSN, CNN, etc.) -- at least not the US versions of those sites.

Typically news from Australia doesn't make a blip in the US radar.

I'm surprised (but happified!) that apparently US JWs are aware of this and are discouraged by it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This thing is gonna be going on for many more days and the its getting attention and serious hits, it could make it to more and more mainstream media. Im impressed with the amount of exposure its had in two days, wonder how it will look a week from now?

And yes it is in Australia, but it is an American religion (eh hem cult), that has worldwide reach and controversy over the years. People find witnesses odd and generally wouldn't pay much attention, but the media feeds peoples hunger for scandal and bad news and atrocities (sad but true). So i am not surprised this could reach far outside Australia.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org is religion's equivalent of North Korea, Nazi Germany, & Soviet Russia rolled into one - everyone is terrified of opening their mouths because of the terrible consequences they would face.

Many Witnesses won't even admit to listening to news reports about their Org - the paranoia runs deep!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    CNN, NBC and NPR do have it on their websites but not in their headlines news. If you do a Yahoo search today, or simply click on the #9 or #10 trend, you will see that the top 6 or 7 search results are about this news. Only after this does JW-DOT-ORG shows up in the search.
  • flipper
  • flipper
    flipper
    The link shows that it's lit up. I double checked and typed it in correctly- don't know why this link is not showing. Sorry, CNN's error I guess, unless I did something amiss. Is someone else able to get this freaking link to work ? Jesus
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    lets hope it wakes up the more intelligent --wealthier--elder types---these are the ones of most value to the cult. the thick--hard up---nodding head ---bums on seats are of little value and easily dispensable.
  • OrphanCrow
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

OrphanCrow's link worked.

Would it help if we all clicked on the link to keep it tending well?

• steve2
    steve2

From what I can tell, no news about it in the New Zealand media as of yet - and we're just across the ditch from the Aussies.

One of our main papers, The Sunday-Star Times (26.07.15) ran a big front-page story on Catholic priests in New Zealand whose sexual offending agzinst children went unreported to the authorities for decades - so the topic is very close to home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit