What does this mean?

by MYOHNSEPH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

I've noticed that the Friends forum on this board gets about twenty-five times the number of posts as forums such as Bible Research and Beliefs, Doctrines & Practices. Do you think that says something about most of the posters here? If so, what?

• Simon
    Simon

That people can't be bothered using the drop down list

• minimus
    minimus

Channel C , another site, features more Bible discussion geared to the serious Bible believer. I think this site centers more on "friends" getting things out in the open.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

The Bible Research area has an interesting topic every once and awhile but it mostly serves as mental masturbation for those who believe the Bible is the word of God (I do not). While I find it somewhat interesting to see people argue the semantics of a book written by goat herders the topics tend to get repeditive. Also, the Beliefs section is only really good if there is some new "light" by the WTS. Most here are X-JW's so we don't need to reminded of the utter crap that was shoveled to us by the WTS.

My only problem with the friends forum is that it moves so fast that allot of topics get buried before they can really be discussed. Of course all the activity is a good sign.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I think it means that many people that come out the the JW religion need time to heal before they get bogged down with religion again. They need time to know others understand and to just talk about everyday stuff that gets so ignored in the JW religion...

• Francois
    Francois

Religion is a rare and a snacket. Why study that stuff? Spirituality is within, as Jesus told the Pharisees.

francois

• songmistress
    songmistress

What follows is one persons humble opinion.

I think it means we want to play and have fun which is very healing after all the work, work, work of the Borg. Som of us had years of bible study (read Watchtower study) and research, and need time to regroup. On this board we are able to explore topics that were forbidden as part of the collective (Thanks Simon). There is more to life than religion and religious topics.

When I left the JW, all I could find in the way of support were those who wanted to show me the "right way to come to Christ". No thanks, if I find my way back, it will be on my own and only if it is meant to be.

I personally can't wrap my mind around the research and discussions there. Had trouble with it while I was a JW too. All it boils down to is personal opinions.

The bible was written by men to their contemporaries and it was not written as a letter to me. There is historical value to be had. The psalms can give inspiration in the same way music gives inspiration today. I find it exceedingly difficult to open a bible these days. I have so much JW garbage floating around in my brain.

Blessings,

Cheryl

Edited by - songmistress on 3 November 2002 14:49:6

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I think that the key "is" that people post. And, post from the heart that beats inside of them. "Friends" is that not what we are here. I say "YES!"

It shows that this site is a heart issue and not an exclusivity issue like, only about wt propaganda I.e. "queen's jelly." (Bee vomit)......(Other's regurgitation)

Is the Wt propaganda true or untrue (prove it!).....There is more to life than that. In fact (for me) everything in life is more important than that. (Once you are out and free of it)....(In fact cut out the Wt part out and this idea still stands for me.)

A very wise man once told me that "The bible is 4th dementional ideals written by a 3rd demential mind." (Thanks Rich)

"Goat Herders" LMAO

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

There's probably quite a few reasons.

• PTSD. As an outsider, I've noticed that many ex-jws don't even want to consider any other 'word', after having already lived with such a 'husband'.
    • Those who have suffered physically may be traumatised by any re-associative phenomena - I'd suggest using bibles that never mention any 'jehovah' - I said 'jehovah' a couple of times to my wife when talking about a tv show called 'White Teeth' which had jws in it, and she became ill from the sound.
    • Some actually think that the wts did work stuff out, and so any other stuff must be even more useless - some still have a pride in jw doctrine (but are torn)
    • Some didn't get what they want and literally hate or blame bible-god for letting such a life happen to them - (hey, it was the jws)
    • Some are concerned about their own ability to discern after being so duped
    • And I'm sure there's other reasons

Are you any of the above?

paduan

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Here's more reasons -

• faster response, more like a conversation
    • a belief that bible-god nuts must be totally whacked

paduan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest