crazy JW family stories

by shera 25 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

There was one REALLY socially inept family at my hall. NONE of them knew how to socialize. Being invited to their house was always torture, but how do you say no to the association of our brothers and sisters? *gag* So pretty much every whacky story has to do with them. Here is one that will always stick out in my mind...and oh how I wish it wouldn't.

Once we were over there and their oldest daughter (who was like 14 at the time) was goofing around, in a dress, I dunno what that was about. Anyway, she was like kicking her legs around and in front of everyone her weird ass dad says " N____, your vagina is showing" Not please stop acting like a spaz, not "darling calm down", nor even pulling her aside and saying, "maybe you need to put pants on if you want to act like a crack addict" Nope, instead he said THAT, in front of all of us. I was horrified! And yet, while I didn't expect THAT response, I was not surprised he say something so stupid in front of everyone. He was all about shame and control.

Another time we were organizing for field service, and HE NEVER wanted to work with his famil. He was always farming out his four daughters to all of us. Gee thanks. Yeah one day he announces, after the brother organizing the car groups asks if there are any special arrangements, "Yes I think my daughters would like to work in different car groups, but I don't know if anyone will want to work with them, they are all on their periods."

With a father like that it's no wonder they all turned out as screwed up as they did.

• blondie
    blondie

Joanna, with comments like that my "pedophile" alarm would have gone off. I wonder if he was abusing his daughters.

Blondie (whose pedophile 'dad' made similar comments whenever possible)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

You know Blondie, I just don't know. At the time we chalked it up to their socially weird behavior. Now when I think back on it I do wonder if he wasn't doing something. I can't do anything more than speculate however so I don't even go there. I wasn't nearly close enough to them to be able to draw hard evidence. However, if I found out that he was, I guess it really wouldn't shock me that much. Which is sad...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

OMG i am still laughing at the cat being scraped up, what a doofus!!!

I had a "family" study with a family who attended to shape up their kids, you would not believe this bunch, they were complete hillbillies. The youngest daughter developed a crush on me, wanted to sit by me at meetings and put her head on my shoulder; this bothered my wife, naturally. I can still see the cow eyes she would make at me, and my older brother's razzing when he saw her try to sit next to us.

At first, I would have a beer when I got home, but eventually it became drinking three on the way to the study, that's how bad it was.

Ahhhhhh, the good old days.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Speaking of killing cats....We had an older "glorious" elder who hated cats and was always killing them around his house...didn't care if they were somebody's pet or not. Anyway, to dispose of them, he would bag them and put 'em in his freezer until the trashmen came around. At any given time he would have a cat or two in his freezer. Oh those Glorious Ones...how wise they were.

-BONEZZ

• nilfun
    nilfun
    The youngest daughter developed a crush on me, wanted to sit by me at meetings and put her head on my shoulder; this bothered my wife, naturally.

...Pistoff, that was laugh-out-loud funny...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit