Urgent - ABC Aust Reporter requesting information
Totally agree with Data-Dog
I would like to see a report filming Geoffrey Jackson being served with a subpoena and a reporter than asking him any of the following questions:
- Has he watched any of the testimonies given to the Australian Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse, including the other 28 case studies?
- Since child sexual abuse is rape and rape is a serious felony in most countries, why do Watchtower elders hold Judicial Committees instead of instructing JWs to report such cases to the police as quickly as possible?
- If there was no second witness, could a JW be disfellowshipped for reporting child sexual abuse to the police before reporting it to the elders? What if the accused perpetrator is not a JW, would a JW be disfellowshipped?
- If reporting sexual abuse to the elders first instead of the police compromise DNA evidence that could be used as a second witness, why doesn't the Watchtower instruct victims to go directly to the police instead of to Watchtower elders, who then must wait for instructions from the local Branch?
- Does the Watchtower plan to make any changes to its current child protection policies, such as instructing JWs to report such cases to the police before reporting to Watchtower elders or the local Branch?
- Does the Watchtower plan to shield its real property assets from being used to compensate survivors of sexual abuse by forming real estate trusts, or as some archdioceses of the Catholic Church did by filing for bankruptcy?
- Does the Watchtower plan to provide services to JW survivors of sexual abuse better than what some archdioceses of the Catholic Church as provided to survivors of sexual abuse by priests?
Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,