Highlight this fact: Royal Commission into *Institutional Responses* to Child Sexual Abuse

by Lemonp 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

I have discussed this with a few JW relatives.

All have tried to pass this off as a case to review a few bad cases.

Highlight to them the name of the Inquiry:

Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

The very system laid out by the .Org is on trial. DO NOT let them get away with brushing it off as a few nasty cases.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Good point. THAT is the focus of the Commission. The systems and process of the JW organization as it relates to child sexual abuse. The cases themselves are not being tried here.
  • bemused
    bemused

Indeed - it's easy to forget what the focus is. Thee Org's appalling practices are being held up for all to see,

Many of the 1006 cases in Australia led to dis-fellowshipping, so presumably the elders were convinced in these cases at least that criminal activity had taken place, but not once did they inform the police. The abusers were left to carry on their activities in wider society. Absolutely shocking.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It's clear that for all their proselytizing, JW's have utter disdain for the non-JW population.

They had explicit and intricate knowledge of just how BAD these people were, yet felt no compunction to give notice to the authorities. The just set these guys free from the congregation and let them run rampant upon unsuspecting public.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

the GB can, if they are humble enough, treat these inquiries as discipline from Jehovah because there is a lot of work being done in the secular world on how to prevent child sexual abuse and on how to support victims.

here is one (Disorganised Attachment) that could function as a second witness to fulfill their two witness rule

http://arpractice.org.uk/index.html

and

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2011/01/21/indicators-of-disorganised-attachment-in-children/

• freddo
    freddo
    Ruby456 - that article is absolutely brilliant. It explains so much in relatively few words and makes much sense. Thank you!
  • username
    username
    I'd hardly call 1006 REPORTED cases in Australia alone a few cases!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    I have been threatened by my devout family in a round about sort of way. I have had a bad time due to what I can only say is.........fear of facts. I don't feel so good right now.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    I'd hardly call 1006 REPORTED cases in Australia alone a few cases!

Not cases. 1006 INDIVIDUAL predators... who likely produced several cases each.

Wonder how many instances went unreported, especially back in the day when such things were not talked about.

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

Sorry that they are navel gazing, just open your eyes! All the evidence used in the Public hearing is posted on the website. Hundreds of letters to the branch and elders, and best of all, the Shepherd the Flock book. All from a trustworthy and non "apostate" source.

umbertoecho26 minutes ago
    I have been threatened by my devout family in a round about sort of way. I have had a bad time due to what I can only say is.........fear of facts. I don't feel so good right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit