Sunday program: WTS says It's all lies!

by ozziepost 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Reports are being circulated that congregation elders in New South Wales have been instructed what to tell householders who raise questions about the recent "Sunday" program report. They are to say that it's all lies.

Amazingly this contradicts the evidence from decided court cases as shown in the program.

The publishers are being told that the interview with a former WTS director must be all lies because he's an apostate!

One publisher from the Ingleburn congregation had this experience:

Householder: Have you seen the "Sunday" program?

Publisher: Yes, it was all lies! They showed an interview with a church minister who wants to spread lies about us.

Householder: Well that minister happens to be my minister, and I know he's no liar! He's the most truthful man, and very kind to all the people in the church. So don't come here slandering my minister.

Further north, the congregation where another former elder was interviewed on the program have also been given the same message.

But not all dubs are "holding the line" on this. One prominent elder associated with the Australia Branch made a personal phone call to one of the elders interviewed, knowing that he was speaking with someone DF for "apostasy". He wanted to have a personal "chat" because he acknowledged that there were many highly placed elders in Australia who were liars and he was very concerned about it. So much so, that it was causing him some disquiet. Interesting, eh?

Another call came to old Ozzie from a former dub associate who wanted to "get together for a chat".

But how have the "worldy folk" reacted to the program? Typical is the response of the proprietor of the "Apostates Restaurant" who animatedly said: "When I saw it, I just couldn't believe it. They're such liars! Disgusting isn't nearly as bad as how I feel right now. Just let them come to my door, I'll soon tell them to go and fix up their own backyard before they come trying to convert me. Hypocrites!!" etc etc

Strangely, the words of a Kingdom Song seem rather appropriate, but not in the way the WTS intended!

"I do not sit with wicked men of lies.

I hate the company of those who truth despise."

("Walking in Integrity" - Song 160)

If you haven't heard the program, check out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/media.asp?site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

• jack2
    jack2

Thanks for the report Ozzie. Yep, the standard response - don't address the real issues, just tell them 'it's all lies by apostates and opposers'.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

hi ozzie. how predictable could the wts be?????????? all lies. yeh. tell it to the ones that don't know, but for some of us, we know the hardcore truth about sexual abuse of children in the org. and the harsh treatment of the victims and their families. i had been fading out for some months, but after the sunday show..........i was outta there. i'm not going to do the dirty work of lying to innocent people for a society that's intent on making heaps of money and controlling them in such an aggressive way. i know how it operates and i wouldn't want anyone to go through what i went through. give the borg enough rope and they'll hang themselves. the sooner the better.

cheers all.

bliss

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day and welcome aboard BLISSISIGNORANCE. Wow, what a moniker!

Glad you saw the Sunday program. If you're in the eastern states, look out for news of our gatherings. We call them Apostafests usually.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The WT cannot be proud of the quality of it's members these days. In past times members knew what they believed and could explain it well and refute objections. Now they can hand you a magazine and tell you anything different is "just lies".

As embarrassed and frustrated certain JW's are by the low quality of the rank and file, they have only their leaders to thank.

Path

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

hi ozzie. i figure now that we've broken the ice you can call me bliss, everyone else does. i'll be keeping informed of all the different thing that are going on in the world now that i've left the borg, including the fests you guys put on. look forward to many chats and posts in the future. thanks for welcoming me.

cheers,

bliss

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You're most welcome, Bliss, glad to know you.

Feel free to email Prisca or myself if you're from the Waratah State, but if you're down south, there's Beck in Bleak City and Kelpie is in........??

Cheers, Ozzie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Ozzie, is there plain documentable / recordable evidence of slander, of channel nine and/or those in the program - I'm quite sure that channel nine would be interested in receiving a copy - it would at least make for some interesting insight material in another program, if not in a case for court, or two.

• fairy
    fairy

I cant believe that they are saying its not true.....well, maybe i can, just typical......what on earth is going on....its so prevalent, how can they deny it all........i personally know 2 people that stuff like that happened to.....i shake my head in disbelief!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks for this info Ozzie!

Jehovah's Condemnation of the Watchtower Society follows:

Isaiah 5:20: Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, And light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, And sweet for bitter!
    Isaiah 5:21: Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight!
    Isaiah 5:22: Woe to those who are mighty to drink wine, And champions at mixing strong drink;
    Isaiah 5:23: Who acquit the guilty for a bribe, But deny justice for the innocent!

Proverbs 17:13: Whoever rewards evil for good, Evil shall not depart from his house.

Proverbs 17:15: He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to Jehovah.

Proverbs 17:26: Also to punish the righteous is not good, Nor to flog officials for their integrity.

Malachi 2:17: You have wearied Jehovah with your words. Yet you say, 'How have we wearied Him?' In that you say, 'Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of Jehovah, and He delights in them;' or 'Where is the God of justice?'

Malachi 3:15: Now we call the proud happy; yes, those who work wickedness are built up; yes, they tempt God, and escape.'
    Malachi 3:16: Then those who feared Jehovah spoke one with another; and Jehovah listened, and heard, and a Book of Memory was written before Him, for those who feared Jehovah, and who honored His Name.
    Malachi 3:17: They shall be Mine," says Jehovah of Armies, "My own possession in the day that I make, and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.
    Malachi 3:18: Then you shall return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who doesn't serve him.

Luke 16:13: No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. You aren't able to serve God and riches."
    Luke 16:14: The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they scoffed at Him.
    Luke 16:15: He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

Leviticus 19:15: "'You shall do no injustice in judgment: you shall not be partial to the poor, nor show favoritism to the great; but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 3 November 2002 20:14:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit