Ozzie's Weekend Poll #24

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

What a week it's been, eh? A new Empress, a new Jedi Princess, so many new appointmnets. It just goes to show how blessed our group is!

Anyway, how's the weekend? Mrs Ozzie and I have been enjoying the warm Spring sunshine. Actually it's 41 degrees Celsius today, a little on the warm side!

Time to change your thinking processes to "coasting" and start to reminisce for this weekend's poll. Are you ready?

This weekend's poll question is:

In your congregation, what "position" does/did the most caring and helpful shepherd occupy?

1. Presiding overseer

2. Service overseer

3. Secretary

4. Theocratic Ministry School overseer

5. Watchtower Study Conductor

6. Book Study overseer

7. Ministerial servant

8. Publisher

9. None

10. We don't have loving shepherds.

11. What are loving shepherds?

12. Don't be silly; we're not sheep!!

13. Other (please detail)

We look forward to reading your responses.....and experiences.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 3 November 2002 1:33:32

• Prisca
    Prisca

One couple I can think of who were comprised of an elder and his wife. They were Italian-Australian, in their mid-50s and were both kind and decent people. They had a couple of sons, one of whom had left the JWs. The husband tended to be treated badly by his own elder body, since he didn't speak up for himself enough. I think it was because he tried to act in a Christian manner, whereas the other elders were little Nazis. They were humble, generous and always spoke to you in a kind manner. They are among the few JWs I miss.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So I take it that he was not one of the prominent elders because of that?

Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

No, not really. He was one of the longest-serving elders, but didn't seem to have the same influence on the congregation as certain others did.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A good man, then.

• blondie
    blondie

The PO but he is fighting a losing battle. The sharks are winning and he lacks the cojones to deal with them.

Blondie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but in the last two congregations I attended, the SERVICE OVERSEER and the SECRETARY were the kindest of the elders. The "brothers" appointed to those positions were those who wanted (or needed) to get actual "work" done, often behind the scenes. In general, the other elders seemed more interested in "lording it over" the flock in the way they conducted the meetings.

Edited by - Gopher on 3 November 2002 8:2:50

• Perry
    Perry

- raspy voice -

Yea Prisca, sounds like they were all a bunch of stugatz, freakin' fugazzis. Except for the paisano of course.

• ugg
    ugg

there were a couple of publishers that i enjoyed,,,,and were the most encouraging,,,but these ones were considered "not the best company".....they were down to earth,,,kind,,,loving,,,and NON JUDGEMENTAL.....thus "lacking theocratic standards" you know,,,NOT STRONG in the truth....

i miss them,,,,,but them only....the rest cause pain and mental hardships....i detest elders....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gopher,

A Service Overseer who wanted to work?? And in the last two congregations??? In my experience, this would be a rarity. You were blessed indeed!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit