Governing Body, painted in a corner, now what?

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    The Governing Body have painted themselves in a corner, so to speak. If they acknowledge their response to abuse claims was insensitive, unloving and inadequate they are denying the belief that "God's way" is best and risk losing abuse cases. If they stick with it and say it is "God's way according to the Bible" they will be seen as cult leaders and risk losing abuse cases. I think they are deluded enough to stay the course. How about you? Remember the words of Brother Lett, "Nobody protects children like Jehovah's Organization". Thank God nobody else follows their example! Now what?
  • sir82
    sir82

I wonder how seriously the GB are taking the proceedings in Australia?

Do they view it as a minor annoyance, or are they really concerned?

What changes could the Royal Commission force upon the organization in Australia? How would that affect the worldwide organization?

• maksutov
    maksutov
    I think that they will be forced to change their policies, but will claim that they decided to change things themselves to protect themselves against the unjust accusations of Satan's world. As long as they do make improvements, I don't really care how they spin it.
  • Splash
    Splash
    I wonder if any elders are incriminating themselves in these sessions, and will be called to account legally.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

I think the response of the GB would be like an "faithful" JW would be: Ignore the news reports, not even see them but they are likely lies spun by the Devil and his cohorts.

If the GB does respond, they will only do so because they will be dragged into them by authorities. The GB will go then and only then, "kicking and screaming," which will play into their self-prophecy that the nations are attacking them.

This is only a theory, but I predict the GB is on the path taken by David Koresh. The authorities are on to them and they will use this opportunity to make it appear that their prophecies are true and the end is near. I would not be surprised if this is followed by some sort of "self-destruction" on one scale or another.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

If they admit in any way that they did something improper they open themselves to lawsuits. They likely need to hold fast and make minor tweaks.

I can't help but wonder if its time for them to maneuver the assets to other legal corporations to limit lawsuit exposure.

So AMIII still proud of our record on child abuse?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I think if Wt weren't taking these accusations seriously then they are bigger fools than I took them for. It will be interesting to see how this effects the growth of publishers in Australia. Knowing their hard arse approach to things I think they would much rather let it crash and burn than change.
  • DJS
    DJS

Who knows? I'm somewhere in the middle of Caleb's response. I believe the Dark Lords will spin this for all that it is worth and for every ounce of persecution complex they can get out of it. Their actions? They will most likely resist the superior authorities until they are at the cliff's edge.

I believe, at the end of the day, more rational business like heads will prevail and they will comply as minimally as possible.

The rhetoric designed for the rank and file, at least IMHO, is just that. I don't believe for a second they are such true believers as was Koresh when it comes to actions.

But I could be wrong. I hope I am. It would be nice to see the Dark Lords go up in figurative flames.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

The obvious thing that is going to happen when them 3 guys from Australia bethel get grilled, is to pass the buck onto the GB.

Can the royal commission request any GB members for questioning? Could they work with the the U.S authorities in getting them over to Australia for questioning?

My guess it will be business as usuall for the GB, until this shit directly affects them personally. Then we might see some heads roll......maybe.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org will only implement changes in Australia (nowhere else!) if refusal to do so would cost them financially.

They don't care what the weak sheep think, as is evidenced by the land grab, the money grab, and now the pending evictions of congregations from their own K.H.'s - presented as "consolidation" or "mergers".

The Org's "master plan" is to maximise their assets!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit