Awaiting punishment.?

by lulu 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• lulu
    lulu

Yesterday November 3rd my husband and I had a visit from three elders( Grand Jury) as we had given them proof of the affliation of the WTBTS to the UN.They wanted us to recant and say the Society was telling the truth (same old thing only for libary pass not NGO) and to say that the UN were liars(all 30,000 who work there, apparently JW's also work there). when we refused to compromise our integrity after 21/2 hours they departed saying they would let us know their decision!!. We were obviously wrong when we thought only Jehovah was the judge, so there you go, we were wrong again!!They had previously sent all our documentation to the WTBTS in Australia and received a reply, but refused to let us see it or have a copy. My husbands reaction was totally different from mine as he thought it was a hoot. He intends he said to appeal any decision on the grounds he doesn't acknowledge anyones authority over him without his consent. He wants another 'good time'. I think the decision will be 'Siberia' ,he hopes so ,as then he can concentrate completely on his yacht.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, lulu.

and welcome to the fun and games of the wtbts!

Did you expect a straight answer? Did you apply theocratic warfare on your side? (don't tell them anything they aren't entitled to know) Your right about authority. They only have authority over you if you give them permission to.

Keep us posted on the results. (Personally, I think you should just concentrate on the yaht or any other material pursuit that makes you happy)

Hugs,

j2bf

• Jesika
    Jesika

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you for standing up for yourselves!! Do keep us posted and thanx for sharing!!!!!!

Jesika

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome!

Many of us found the punishment is in the staying and doing unpaid religious literature distribution and redundant corporation arranged meeting attendance. The reward is in the leaving.

Best wishes,

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• ugg
    ugg

thank you so much for your post!!! i was wondering what would happen if evidence was presented to them......i just can't believe they said the u.n. was lying!!!!!!!! that is truly sad!! the u.n..would have no reason to.....

i just want you to know i am thinking of you both....hang in there....(((((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Lulu....welcome here and enjoy, great story..have you been to this site www.disfellowshipped.org , plenty more similar experiences

J Gull

• troucul
    troucul

3 times? I was under the impression they were only allowed to meet once...

• shera
    shera

Welcome Lulu,

Thanks for that post.The more I read about this BS about the WTS...the more happy I am outta there.

What are these people who run this?Why do the elders keep supporting this and thinking lying is o.k?I know in many talks....they say ...satan is the father of lies. WOW!!!

My sister in law,went back to the meetings about 2 yrs ago and I want to show her all of this crap.I don't want to loose her and I have no idea how to present all of this to her.I was thinking of printing this stuff up and mailing it to her.Of course not letting her know who it is from.she may figure it out anyways....I hate the thought of her being controlled by this and this religion is ruining her marriage.OH what to do when yah live in a shoe....

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

They wanted you to say the UN was lying?????

Jehovah's Witnesses are always looking for proof when something negative comes out about them. You showed them the proof the Watchtower was affiliated with the United Nations.

Now I would ask them what proof they have that the UN is lying?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

They love all that power, don't they?

And, we used to give it to them. I used to give it to them. I could just kick myself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit