Have you moved from house to house a lot!!!

by haujobbz 6 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

I know it sounds like something else lol

Know really i have moved 5 times in 7 years and it is really getting to me, you see i rent from landlords usually 2 bedrooms flats or a house and it seems like we keep moving into houses etc that eventually get done up and are then charged a lot more rent,and ill tell you something these landlords have know sympathy for my 3 yr old son and wife, i just want to settle down.

Have you had these problems with stinkin landlords.

Also the new area im moving may not support broadband internet and im still bound to my existing contract,the reason there may not be support for broadband is because of demand 4 it in certain areas has to be 20 persons minimum

• Jesika
    Jesika

When I was still living at home my father was working in contruction and we moved alot. I hated moving schools so much. At least your son isn't in school yet and hopefully you can find a place before he starts school. I am sure it is hard on your family now, and I know moving isn't any fun. I hope you find something soon.

Love,

Jesika

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG you caught me.

<-------- expert mover

30 times in 50 years - once for as short a period as 2 weeks and a couple of times for as long as 8 years - you do the math

When I got married at 18 I made my 19th move to the new apartment with my new husband

At one point I wondered what houses were like instead of renting alll the time so went shopping for a house on the Saturday - bought a house on Monday and signed the papers on Wed. and started packing. Moved on Saturday and was done unpacking and pictures on the wall by the following Wednesday. 12 days start to finish

(edited to add) I did this with an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old and in January - when we moved it was -20 Celcius

I have this moving thing down to an art form now

Edited by - Lady Lee on 1 November 2002 22:7:34

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother has a "moving thing", although she insists she doesn't. I went to so many elementary schools, I can't begin to count them, and only because my brother and I screamed and revolted, did they stay put until we were out of high school. Even then my brother commuted to the school outside the district, where he wanted to be.

By the time I was 3, they had moved 4 or 5 times. Then I went to 2 Kindergartens, 2 First grades, 2 second grades, 2 third grades, and they didn't move during 4th grade, then 2 fifth grades and 2 sixth grades. After I was married they moved several times, and kept moving until they divorced. It's an illness. Now they are both stuck here in my house, but Mom has tried to move several times. I think she has finally accepted her lot in life.

• abbagail
    abbagail

One of the most stressful things in life, after death and divorce (or somewhere on the list) is MOVING! You sure hit a nerve with that title. Been there, done that as well. I've practically been a "nomad" for most of my adult life.

After high school, lived in several different places with different girlfriends. (A year back then was a lifetime, you know). Then I lived in a ski resort town for five years. NEVER LIVE IN A "TOURIST" TOWN unless you want to have to move constantly. I had to move 15 times in the first three years due to "tourist" and "ski" and/or "summer" seasons. The landlords will only rent to the "locals" for a few months at a time because they wanted to charge the "big bucks" when the tourists come to town. It was stress up the kazoo. "Relief" came the final two years via a "employee housing" through a job I had the last three years there (a very nice furnished, large 1 bedroom apt., inside W/D, balcony, etc). The "emloyee housing" was a plan mandated by the county commissioners for the very reason that nobody wanted to rent long-term to the local/peons who kept the town running for the sake of the big-spending tourists. So the politicians put it upon the employers to provide "employee housing" at a reduced rate for the local working "peons."

And then I got the "truth," and moved back to the South, and continued to move every few years because I was incessantly trying to live as "cheaply" as possible so I could "do more in service." I moved close to 7 times in 11 years being a JW (from apt. back to sharing a house with a sister, back out to a different apt., then back with the sister, etc. etc.) Round and round we go, where she'll stop nobody knows... Stress continued...

Two years out of the "truth," and I became very ill and had to give up my townhouse next to the office where I worked. Stayed with various friends at first, then back home with the folks for almost two years. Finally resettled and, believe it or not, have been in this apt. for seven whole years, the longest I ever lived in any one place (aside from my kiddie years growing up).

No wonder the "paradise earth" where we were supposed to all have our "own homes," rent/mortgage free, peacefully dwelling under the vines and the fig trees, was so appealing...

My deepest sympathies to haujobbz and Lady Lee all the other "nomads." It's No Fun!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Moving is one of my least favorite passtimes. Most everytime, I ended up moving either internationally or completely across the country. For the past 15 years, though, I've been back here in Washington state and have only lived in an apartment and now, the house I am buying. So, here I'm staying.

Lew W

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Haujobbz:
    If you can't get broad band -- and I am assuming your talking about a cable high spead connection -- you should contact your local phone company and check
    on the availability of DSL. I get 768K down and 384K up always, with out fail.

As to renting, I feel your paine. After Tema and I were involved in a landlord tenant dispute, about which I sadly can't give details, we decided never
    to rent again. Even if you don't have great credit, buying is the way to go. Interest rates have never been lower, and it's nice actually paying money
    towards something you own rather than making someone elses pockets deeper. We baught a house two years ago for $89.,000 put a little sweat equity in to
    the property, and recently sold the same property for $113.000. Now we are in a home that we truely love, great school district, nice neighborhood, and
    we have no plans on moving. The best part is that our mortgage payment won't change, not even increase buy a penny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit