If the Watchtower Society was given a cheque for 1 million dollars would they cash it ?

by Esse quam videri 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

They had no qualms about accepting the proceeds of a trust fund that was bequeathed to them, part of which included shares in Phillip Morris - a company that manufactures tobacco products like cigarettes. 

See the following thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/54708/watchtower-cigarette-company

So to answer your question, I think they'd accept your hypothetical cheque without batting an eye. It costs a ton of money for the upkeep of a Pedophile Defense Funds these days!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I know of a PO who was helped out by the lotteries commission, when he needed funds.
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I did some research on this subject when I was given a free lotto ticket that won me $50K. As a MS I wanted to do the right thing and the WT articles I found stated the prize money was acquired by an activity (gambling) disapproved by god. Accepting the prize money would be like accepting diamonds as a gift knowing they were stolen. So technically the WT shouldn't accept the million dollars and if they did they would go against their own rules.

With a bit of reasoning I came to the conclusion that accepting the prize money was a conscience matter and it wasn't any different than accepting blood fractions although these are acquired from donated blood, an action god disapproves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit