Why we should stick together.

by Pleasuredome 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

traumer-hound

i dont remember you saying "i dont hold out much hope for them changing". i wasnt replying to you i was replying to ozziepost. what i want to know is if ozzie thinks there's nothing that can be done to change the WTS, then why waste time on here moaning about them?

is that friggin easy enough to get your head around?

do i care? i care enough to know why other people are so damn negative.

"the fucking assclown twat who obviously doesnt deserve to be on this site because he recognises arseholes who arent interested in getting off there fat lard arses to help people who not only say things but follow them through with actions." Cheers

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

I have hope of the WTS changing! About as much as hoping a donkey would become a grape! I feel certain the "society" will go on changing their interpretation of scripture and any policy which might threaten the grip they hold on the faithful. Change is an integral part of the very nature of the organization. Continually changing the doctrine is one way in which they endeavor to avoid accountability for failed predictions and erroneous interpretations, before those become too obvious to the general membership. But for them to ever decide to be open and forthright with their followers, admitting they quite obviously have no exclusive franchise on God's direction, is just not in the nature of who they are.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Great quote Pleasuredome, I stuck it on the fav quotes list!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

what i want to know is if ozzie thinks there's nothing that can be done to change the WTS, then why waste time on here moaning about them?

It's quite simple really; to get people out! The more people can see the Borg for what it is, an abuser, not only of children but of adults too, the better they will be.

And, of course, being aboard affords us the opportunity to be a source of support to those who are in need of it, and after all who isn't who has been a Dub?

You will find, Pleasuredome, that after you've been here a while, this is not just a moaning place, as you so delicately put it. You have just arrived; let a bit of time go by before you make such definite opinions, and even then there's an acceptable way of phrasing your points. Get my drift??

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 2 November 2002 0:50:34

• Prisca
    Prisca

I think rwagoner summed it up best:

instead of fighting we should respect the fact that we each have our own issues and talents to contribute to the fight against the WTS and none is better or worse, more or less important and most importantly ALL ARE WELCOME. Also as Ozzie pointed out we should respect that some choose not to play the game at all and others are not able, and thats fine too. But is serves no purpose to waste our energies fighting here with each other while we could be chipping away at the org and educating the non-jw's.

I've been on this board for almost 2 years, and this board is not just for "moaning" about the JWs, but also to share experiences, have a laugh and joke, talk about our ups and downs, and basically be there for each other.

Yes, some of the discussion is about ways to change things in JW policies and doctrines. Lee Elder and Silentlambs are instrumental in their fights to change JW doctrine.

However, not everyone believes the WTS can be reformed. Not everyone is in the position to be active in creating change. And not everyone is interested in spending any more of their energies in JW-related subjects.

Stick around, Pleasuredome, and you will see that this site is like a family in many ways. A bit disfunctional sometimes, but nevertheless, a family who cares about each other.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi PleasureDome!

I, for one, have no desire or expectation that WTS will change. Sociological and historical precedents make that highly unlikely. Individuals, yes, but the Borg...no.

As far as this db is concerned, I can only say that reading the posts of others here and seeing the responses to my posts has been the single most liberating experience I've ever had.

I stopped my moaning about 2 months ago. My new life has started, BIG TIME.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit