Cow Blood

by Rado Vleugel 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

The Official Watchtower-site does feature a story about the Masai. The article doesn't talk about one of the most talked about customs of the Masai: the drinking of cow blood!

Compare this description from an encyclopedia with the http://www.watchtower.org/ article.

MASAI
    A Nilotic people of Kenya and Tanzania who speak a Sudanic language. Age sets are the basis of social organization, with three principal stages for every male: boy, warrior, and elder. This system allowed the nomadic Masai to form large raiding parties to increase their stocks of cattle, which are the basis of their economy. Milk and blood from cattle form an important part of their diet, the blood being drawn from a vein in the animal's neck without killing it. Tall and active, the Masai highly value courage.

The Macmillan Encyclopedia 2001, Market House Books Ltd 2000

The Watchtower article mentions that they drink milk, but they don't dare to mention the cow lood.

Rado Vleugel
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

Edited by - Rado Vleugel on 1 November 2002 5:47:17

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I have to admit, that custom makes me feel quite ill.

• benext
    benext

Maybe a letter to the Editor asking why no mention of this was made would make it into Awake!?

• Mary
    Mary

Speaking of cow's blood, is it widely known amongst the Witnesses that they can now take 'fractions" or "components" of blood (it's a "conscious" matter), in particular, fractions of this cow blood??

• DJ
    DJ

Yes, Mary......it is called 'hemopure' made by a company called Biopure. It's cow blood which has been ultra-pasteurized and witnesses are allowed to take the product. This is red cells.....which is forbidden if it comes from a human, but cows are ok.

• Ransford
    Ransford

Yes, Mary......it is called 'hemopure' made by a company called Biopure. It's cow blood which has been ultra-pasteurized and witnesses are allowed to take the product. This is red cells.....which is forbidden if it comes from a human, but cows are ok.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS allows JW`s to use parts of cow blood..It` makes it easier for the WBTS to milk the JW`s.....OUTLAW

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

What is interesting is that HemePur is made of Cow's hemoglobin. That is 97% of the red blood cell, the other 3% is cell membrane. So take away the cell membrane and its ok to "eat" cow's blood. (and I thought all animal blood had to be poured out and covered over! silly me)

j2bf of the "give me the whole cell from my specie than another specie's" class

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Jehovahs wittnesses are allowed to use cows blood now because the cow is a holy animal, like in india.... hence we have the saying holy cow, jehovah annoited the cow after the flood, i think its great the wtbts has taken the bull by the horns with this decsion.

R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit