Media headline:Jehovah's Witnesses did not report 1006 alleged sex abusers to police, royal commission told

by fulltimestudent 25 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Holy crap.

1006 over 60 years is 16.76 per year - more than one per month.

At least one incident of possible sex abuse reported to the elders each and every month over 60 years. And we know that less than 40% of victims come forward. That figure could easily be doubled. Or tripled.

Holy crap.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Mr Stewart said, "the only way to Finally end child abuse is to, as they put it, ' embrace

God's kingdom under Christ' and 'love God with all your heart and your neighbor

as yourself, so as to be saved when the end comes".

That's bat shit crazy...

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Mr Stewart said, "the only way to Finally end child abuse is to, as they put it, ' embrace
    God's kingdom under Christ' and 'love God with all your heart and your neighbor
    as yourself, so as to be saved when the end comes".
    That's bat shit crazy...

Mr Anus Stewart SC is counsel assisting the Child Abuse Royal Commission. Technically speaking he is going after the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society. He is quoting claims made by the JW leaders. It's possible that Stwert SC is making these quotes because he too finds them "bat shit crazy".

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Mr Stewart said: "Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the only way to finally end child abuse is to, as they put it, 'embrace God's kingdom under Christ' and to 'love God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself', so as to be saved when the end comes,"
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

fulltimestudent.

That was very hard to listen to. She was all broken up and hurt. I felt deep empahty for her and her almost niave love of this religion. She felt and feels guilty even now as she reports what has happened to her. I feel very deeply attached to such people as this woman who loves God and has been betrayed by men. I don't know what to think of this, I suppose I feel sick to the stomach. I hope something solid comes out of this investigation. I hope that Tool makes a complete ass of himself. He is so cocky, so arrogant and so self righteous.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I posted this on another thread, but check google news for "Jehovah's Witnesses".

I see six stories at the top of my feed already, a new one from "The Guardian" just posted. Tons of JWs are gonna see this! Its about time!

I don't think even Tony's little rant earlier this month is gonna prevent JWs from seeing this.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Wow, over a 1000 cases unreported, abusers appointed as elders, abusers reinstated and reappointed! This investigation clearly got hold of the files!! If only they'd do that in the states and UK.

heartbreaking for the victims, what does it say that they had to go to 'worldly' courts to get justice.

well, nail in coffin for this doubter, Jehovah's spirit CANNOT be with this organisation.

hope other countries media pick up on this.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Correction in last post: It should read Mr Angus Stewart SC. Sorry.
  • Wasanelder Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit