by ScoobySnax 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Here's one great American,for sure...

Cowboy

• Farkel
    Farkel

Cowboy,

My two favorite John Wayne movies were in your link to the "flat sheets" (movie promos). My first favorite is "The Quiet Man." It was my Dad's favorite and my Dad's nickname was also "Duke." He loved John Wayne. Any favorite John Wayne movie of my Dad's is good enough for me. He told me this just three years before he died. I had never seen the movie before then and so I rented and watched it right away. I can understand why my Dad liked it so. He was also a "quiet man" but if someone dared turn on him, he would never back down and whoop until the antagonist said "Uncle." Then he would pick the guy up and dust him off. My dad was an amazing man in many respects. I'm nothing like him, but I still respect what he taught me.

My second favorite is "The Searchers." It's a dark movie and John Wayne plays an anti-hero spending the whole movie looking for the very, very young Natalie Wood. And revenge for those who captured her and killed her family. In terms of sheer drama, it is arguably John Wayne's best role.

Farkel

• kheli
    kheli

MLK Jr.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Farkel,I like The Quiet Man,too.I don't think I've ever seen The Searchers,I'll have to find that one.My dad loved the Duke,too.I can't watch a John Wayne movie without thinking of him.

I couldn't begin to choose a favorite...

Cowboy

• r51785
    r51785

There was only one person mentioned all of the posts so far that's worth a hoot! (Wendell Wilkie was #2)

Farkel, I thought you of all people would appreciate Mencken!

• TR
    TR

Wayne Static:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit