Venting *#&(#*!

by Tashawaa 12 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun

I am sick of people making a sad face when they find out that I don't attend any religious services.

In the past, whenever I was asked "What church do you attend?" I would reply, "None."

But I soon tired of the looks of pity I got in response.

So now, whenever I am asked, "What church do you attend?" I answer with a question:

"Where did Adam and Eve worship before the Fall?

(the response is usually something about Eden. If they don't answer the way I want them to [lol] then I supply the answer for them)

"Well, if a Garden was good enough for them, it's good enough for me..."

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Tasha, God lets it rain on the righteous and the unrighteous, or so I paraphrase the scripture but you get the gist I hope. It's pretty selfish and downright illogical to believe that whenever you hit a stroke of luck that God is blessing you personally. And that goes both ways. When I was in the Empire there were times when I had some difficulties, mainly personal difficulties with a couple of harassing elders, and was told "Jehovah is testing you".

Either way it's B.S. Either way, it removes personal responsibility and provides the excuse/explanation that all that happens both good or bad is beyond our control. If something good happens to you, lucky lottery ticket or big raise and promotion at work, you made it happen. You bought that lottery ticket. You worked hard and earned that promotion and raise. God didn't give you the reward. He only gave you the ability to earn that reward. Same as with something bad happening. God didn't make it happen. He's not punishing you for some insignificant human error. The bad that happens is either of your own making or some other human's making in the case of bad things that come out of nowhere like getting hit by a drunk driver or something.

Mike.

The views expressed in the above post may or may not reflect the views of God, His son, or the Holy Spirit and in case they differ I'm wrong and they're right. So there.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ditto what Bendrr said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit