Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• azor
    azor
    Well said Caleb.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Heck yeah I do!! It's been a long time coming and watching them elders squirm is fabulous.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I think Australia is gonna be saturated in apostate JWs boy will their committee rooms be busy disfellowshipping those who speak against the organization. NOT!!!
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

The purpose of the Royal Commission is to analyze and make a comprehensive report on how child abuse has been handled on the whole by various institutions ranging from religious and recreational establishments through to schools etc. in order to establish how best to prevent, and/or handle child abuse in the future. In their own words: "Drawing upon the experience of individuals and the investigation of systemic issues, we are required to make recommendations that will provide a just response for people who have been sexually abused and ensure institutions achieve best practice in protecting children in the future".

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/about-us/our-reports/interim-report-volume-1-final-020714_lr_web

The purpose of this particular investigation into Jehovah's Witnesses is not to single them out and punish them, but as with the previous investigations of other institutions (so far there have been 29 case studies) it is to identify a weakness and put in place an effective remedy, (just as with all the other institutions). The Australian government has obviously identified a great need as regards the handling of child molestation issues across the whole board. I am sure you are all aware that the problem of abuse has been going on since the beginning of civilization, globally affecting all societies, but only in the last 30 or so years has it begun to get addressed properly. The need for this report itself though highlights that finding a solution has not even reached the tip of the iceberg yet. And of course once found, no solution will be truly perfect.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not unique, they are plagued by the same diseases, same worries, same societal issues as everyone else on this planet. This of course includes the societal disease of child molestation. A spiritual paradise does not ensure a trouble free life as all persons are affected by imperfection and the consequences of it. In the cases of child sexual abuse the factors are very complex for all establishments and societies and each case is unique and cannot be put into one basket. Even the fact that a child offender goes behind bars for a few years does not guarantee a permanent solution because the possibility exists that he will re-offend. ...

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Nitty-Gritty, rape has been around a long time as well, but an organization that hides wrong doing is guilty regardless if they are not alone in their de-facto support for offenders. Your reasoning is so pathetic. It is, "Hey, everybody does it so why are they special?" Well, they are not special. That's the point. They think they are special, that they are God's chosen people. That is not a get out of jail card. Just listen to the words of these men on the stand. They cannot see beyond their theocratic nose. And if you think they will actually comply without lying about what they are really doing you are a dreamer. They will trust in Jehovah to deliver them! Can't wait to see how that works out.
  • azor
    azor

Nitty gritty - and so start the excuses and apologetics. How sickening your view truly is. Your cognitive bias is palpable. The problem with the jws is the structure itself. You state that you are a woman and a mother. How shameful the way you excuse them. It's sad really. Have you even listened to the commission or are you like the elders that have been testifying and don't even read or listen to the evidence from the day before.

I guess you follow the example of your leaders. The elders are putting on quite a display for the world to see. It was only a matter of time for the apologist rock dwellers to peek out their head.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

CalebInFloroda - . . . I am frustrated because I know that something even worse must happen to the JWs before things come to a screeching halt.

I think this may be the Watchtower's first "atomic bomb" that hits them. Like ideological Imperialist Japan, they will refuse to surrender, to admit they are wrong even now. A second event is coming that will be like Fat Man hitting Nagasaki. Only then will it be over.

But the cost to them? . . . what will become of their own families, their friends, their children? What will happen to the JWs once the Governing Body does surrender and it all comes grinding to a halt and millions of people must live with the shame that they have been part of one of the greatest most infamous cults of all time, that all they believed and sacrificed was for naught?

. . . But I am frustrated because it is even now nothing but a wide void, and it will painfully shock millions once the scales from their eyes are forcably removed and they see that they have been standing not in light but dark shadow for over 100 years! Even once it is gone it will still be hurting people in some ways. The scars can run deep. And that leaves me feeling a bit frustrated about it all.

Your feelings are called empathy. Your comments, as highlighted above, are what many on this board, myself included, have had to come to terms with. It hurts, and we know it will hurt them, if the stack of Watchtower cards ever comes tumbling down. Some will survive, some won't. Some will cope, others won't. Some will be relieved, others will be terrified beyond belief (no pun intended). Some will see it as the end of the Watchtower, others will see it as the start of the Great Tribulation.

There's no "faithful and discreet slave class" to fall back onto. The back-up plan is gone. There's no "evil slave class" to take the blame. There's no way to pass the buck.

No matter who we are, if the Watchtower ever goes down we have to be there for our JW families and former JW friends. We have to pick up the pieces for them. My father lives in a Watchtower fantasy world. He won't cope. He's invested his entire present life and his entire future life.

Watchtower is unique in carving out a religious niche, a promise of everlasting life on earth, but only if we die or Armageddon comes first. Death is guaranteed by fact. Armageddon relies on faith. Either way the reality of life or the JW religion only proves that death is in store for us all. That you can have faith in.

• Simon
    Simon

The world is discovering the reality that we have all known for a while.

Of course we feel vindicated - we know we are right and all the lies and underhand tactics of the wts are laid bare for all to see.

Still, I wouldn't describe it as feeling satisfied. Its just sad that so many people have failed to take simple steps to ensure the safety of children in their care that they profess to be guardians of.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Nitty-Gritty

Jehovah`s witnesses rely on 2000+ year old scriptures , specifically the two witness rule for wrongdoing as applied to sexual abuse of children today .

The two witness rule pre-dates Christianity . Going back to the law of Moses some thousands of years ago.

Would you want those laws to apply today ? They are generally regarded as barbaric by today`s standards .

Would you be happy if a girl is raped she has to marry her rapist ? and he cant divorce her ?

If a woman is protecting her husband from an assault and she grabs the assailants testicles to protect him she should have her hand cut off ?

This is also in the Bible , do you agree with that ?

This is just two examples I give , their are many more if you are an honest person enough .to investigate it.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit