Baiting Dubs for fun and amusement

by TerryWalstrom 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I'm trying to figure out how this conversation got started. Mormons do NOT drink coffee or "strong drink" so, I'm wondering if they were just sitting in the shade outside resting from the hundred-degree heat when the JW's started rumblin' :smile:
    What struck me was how prepared the Mormon missionaries were for the witnesses and how unprepared the JW's were for the Mormons."

I have a theory, Terry. Those Mormons, like you, realized that that local Starbucks is a nexus for JWs and so they did advanced preparation with the view to Witnessing to the JWs. That is what I firmly believe.

Those Mormons probably heard the news of the JW pedophile investigation in Australia and figured there would be more vulnerable JWs at this time so they decided to launch a proselytizing attempt on JWs at the local Starbucks. lol. Like you were saying, why else would Mormons be hanging around a coffee shop?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

At a certain point in any conversation with JW's you have to figure you are going to present them

with damning evidence they've either not heard before--or--which they will doubt to be true.

At this juncture, I like to say, "IF this happened to be true---IF---would this be disturbing to you in any way? Would it make you want to find out more?"

By saying that, you carve out an important leverage on their intellectual honesty.

If they admit it would shake them up--they are open to falsifiable evidence.

If they say it would make NO DIFFERENCE, it means their mind is stone cold shut.

I like to find that out as soon as I can.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    That's just great jws schooled again, wait till the Mormon's get wind of what's going on in Australia.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Not a lot of Starbucks in Utah, but they do a lot besides caffeinated drinks. Ever had cranberry bliss bar? Smores frappucino? It's pricey though so shade is a good guess.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The lads church will likely get its turn. It doesn't seem to just pick on the Roman Catholic church or Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • blondie
    blondie

As to decaffeinated beverages, no caffeine if there was never caffeine in it to begin with.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20049372

Coffee

Type of coffeeSize*Caffeine✝

Adapted from Journal of Food Science, 2010; Pediatrics, 2011; USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 26; Journal of Analytical Toxicology, 2006; Starbucks, 2014; Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014; Keurig, 2014

*Sizes are listed in fluid ounces (oz.) and milliliters (mL).

✝Caffeine is listed in milligrams (mg).

Brewed8 oz. (237 mL)95-200 mg
    Brewed, decaffeinated8 oz. (237 mL)2-12 mg
    Brewed, single-serve varieties8 oz. (237 mL)75-150 mg
    Brewed, single-serve varieties, decaffeniated8 oz. (237 mL)2-4 mg
    Espresso, restaurant-style1 oz. (30 mL)47-75 mg
    Espresso, restaurant-style, decaffeinated1 oz. (30 mL)0-15 mg
    Instant8 oz. (237 mL)27-173 mg
    Instant, decaffeinated8 oz. (237 mL)2-12 mg
    Specialty drink (latte or mocha)8 oz. (237 mL)63-175
  • blondie
    blondie
    And what about the vast number of pedophiles outside religious organizations? My idea is to fight pedophiles wherever they are.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What struck me was how prepared the Mormon missionaries were for the witnesses and how unprepared the JW's were for the Mormons.

If JWs were to seriously "prepare" to respond to the beliefs of others, they would have to examine things beyond their own beliefs. Isn't that what most of US did? Where did that get you? The WTS is not going to suggest that their members examine anything more that the fluff they now print. Doing so would mean they'd lose MORE than 63%.

Doc

• Lieu
    Lieu

Exactly Doc!

Knowing how to debate or refute Mormons means you'd have to know something about them. JWS are 'highly discouraged' from delving into other religious sects or other religions. Or their own past/beginning for that matter.

Just spew whatever.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Back in the day . . .in the 50's, 60's, 70's the J-Dubs were like

gunfighters of old. We loved a good shootout in the street! But apparently those days are long past. Pity that.

I suppose the advent of the Internet and all the secrets laid bare have made the local shootists more than adequate to wound our precious JW's when they wander in sniffing for trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit