Evolutionists Dogmatic like WTS?

by Gedanken 63 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Gedanken, pursuing this debate is like trying to herd cats.

• rem
    rem
    That should read, "Evolutionists do not claim to know how we got here, but you can be sure that it wasn't caused by any God."

Pomegranate, that's a silly statement in light of the fact that most Evolutionists are also deists.

rem

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Why don't you stick to the issue - you have misquoted two evolutionary biologists

That would be incorrect. I quoted them EXACTLY as they published.

The issue, pomegranate, is your dishonesty. Only you can rectify that.

No, the issue is evolution being false not my dishonesty. You have twisted the issue from evolution to me. Stick to the issue and I might stick around to debate it. Otherwise, I'll let you debate your self. Just don't mass debate by yourself. You may fail.

Ridley stated that no one would use the fossil record as evidence of evolution versus special creation. That is because the creationist can just say "Go dmade it like that."

Well if that's the truly the case, then why is it that ALL evolutionists (including HIM) do exactly the opposite of what he stated? Every evolutionist flagrantly uses and tries to twist the fossil record to fit evolution so used AGAINST creation every chance they get. So your way of understanding him must be incorrect.

So, either he is a hypocrite, or you are misunderstanding him. Personally, I believe it's the latter.

Po,egranate, it is people like you who are ultimately responsible fo rthe emergence of religions lik ethe WTS. I'd rather face God as an evolutionist (since that does not contradict belief in God) than as someone like you who will lie to prove that their way is the only way. Your concept of creation - and your argumentfrom ignorance - is very Watchtower-like by the way.

This is PURE personal insult with NO intellectual proof, value or otherwise for the issue. Typical of the evolutionists. Every thread that deals with evolution ALWAYS ends up having the camp of the evolutionists claiming every sort of absurd claim against the oppossing side, for no other apparent reason besides they must have no true defense.

That to me, as I have stated on other threads, proves YOU the loser. If someone has to leave the issue and go personal, then their position is obviously no longer defensible.

Good evening...

Edited by - pomegranate on 29 October 2002 21:23:12

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

most Evolutionists are also deists
    Prove it.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Ok. Im a Deist.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

You're not "most." You are least.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Ok, so im not 'most'. What if every biologist on the planet sent you a notarised letter stating the same thing? The fact that they may believe in some sort of God has nothing to do with evolution. As there is no evidence one way or the other, someones religious beliefs are just personal preference.

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

pomegranate,

Of course discussions always end up like this - when confronted with total irrationality then frustration sets in.

The trouble is that you haven't read Ridley's article. Do you really think that a person could contradict themselves so blatantly in an article and get away with it? Do you have any idea how hard it is to publish a scientific article? In fact, do must think that evolutionary biologists as a class are all insane; claiming that their evidence for evolution doesn't exist but that they believe it anyway. These people live in universities where they interact with physicists etc. Are they all insane?

I am re-reading Ridley's book and he does not attempt to use the fossil record to discredit special creation (so you again misrepresent the issue.) That's because it is impossible to do so. No matter how complete the fossil record is, a creationist could argue that God had created every gradation. In other words, any physical evidence whatsoever can be explained by resort to miracles.

Evolution does not depend on the fossil record. If you have read Ridley's article as you say then please comment on the three areas that he puts forth as compelling evidence for evolution - do you know what a ring species is? Let's start there.

Let me ask you this, does your faith depend on the particular English translation of the Bible that you use? Yes or no?

If no, does that mean that your Bible provides no support for your beliefs?

I also noet that you have no comment on the total demolition of your argument that evolution is false because people have faked data. How can you go through life like this - ignoring anything that upsets your world view and ruhjing on to the next "proof" of what you just "know" is true. Is that not somewhat lunatic behavior?

Finally, I wasn't insulting you - no more than charging a man with a crime is insulting. It might insult _you_ because you don't like it - but you are, intentionally or not, a liar and the type of "true believer" who gets cults started. Or did you think that evil geniuses started cults.

Face it pomegranate, you are totally out of your depth and too arrogant to learn why. Listen to your buddy Francois - you really are far gone.

Can't you calm done and consider the possibility that you are wrong - after all, you were wrong about religion once already. That your fundy friends misquote scientists should be a warning signal. I don't care if you agree or disagree with evolutionary scientists, but to misquote them because you imagine a conspiracy theory of evolution is nothing short of insanity.

As for belief in God, Ridley himsef points out that evolution should not be inconsistent with anyone's religious beliefs. But then again, you haven't read his stuff have you?

Gedanken

Edited by - Gedanken on 29 October 2002 21:56:29

Edited by - Gedanken on 29 October 2002 22:0:4

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    What if every biologist on the planet sent you a notarised letter stating the same thing?

What same thing?

The fact that they may believe in some sort of God has nothing to do with evolution.

Who says it's a fact? I asked for proof that it's a fact not be told that it's a fact. And it has everything to do with evolution.

As there is no evidence one way or the other, someones religious beliefs are just personal preference.

Well your rem friend said it was a fact. So who's right you or him?

rem said:

in light of the fact that most Evolutionists are also deists

Show me the light rem.

God did not evolve life, he created it. Create and evolve are not synonamous.

God either created life or He evolved life. Only one can be true, the other a lie.

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

pomegranate,

You seem to have no comprehension abilities whatsoever. Your reply to rem shows that. Does belief in God and Creation necessarily involve an inability to read? Or is it just you?

When rem says

: The fact that they may believe in some sort of God has nothing to do with evolution

He's not saying that it's a fact that all evolutionists believe in God. He is saying that just because they may believe in God has nothing to do with evolution. Basic high school English.

I am happy to leave you to your idiocy - in fact, I doubt you could survive in the real world.

Gedanken

Edited by - Gedanken on 29 October 2002 22:5:46

Edited by - Gedanken on 29 October 2002 22:6:47

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit