How strange that God's organisation needs tob eg for money

by Half banana 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

I would say that if God or Jehovah or any other named or nameless god needs money then he/she/it is not much of a god.

As a poor JW pioneer I scraped by as a way of life serving a god I could not know, see or sense in any way but I swallowed the Biblical dogma and recalled that “the birds of the air” neither toiled nor sowed but were provided for.

So for goodness sake...why is the JW org so concerned with keeping, promoting or downright snatching as much money as they can from the sheep?

Is it a sign that Jehovah has disinherited them?

• Half banana
    Half banana
    (I notice it's not possible to correct the title line!) The organisation needs to beg money
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Because Jehovah's earthly organization is a multi level marketing scam/business that has a publishing house operating at its core, that exploits people's ignorance and insecurities and turns them into their own designed sales representatives for the publishing house.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of most sickening things I've ever seen come out of this organization is the attempt to take money away from children, when the organization itself has millions sitting in bank accounts

Asshole crooks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As a poor JW pioneer I scraped by as a way of life

As pioneers, we relied on Jehovah to provide. But Jehovah can't rely on Jehovah to provide... that would be crazy! So Jehovah has to rely on the dollars of his sheeple:

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    And, since joke-hova is an alpha draconian that wants us all poor and suffering, it is going to pull all our wealth away from us. That thing doesn't need any money--it just needs for us to not have any.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Yes WT Wizard, it’s only the truly impoverished who need god...or “that thing thing” as you call it!

So the answer is have as many poor and desperate people in your crummy organisation, empty their pockets and bank accounts and they will love you forever...that is until they learn TTATT.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    If I give you something for free, how much will you value it? On the other hand, If I make you work for it, pay for it, invest all your time, energy and play money into it, how easy will it be for you to throw it away then? It's just smart business really. They keep you invested so deeply that it is nearly impossible for those invested to walk away. I'm sure lots of people want to jump ship. The problem is they no longer know how to swim.
  • cattails
    cattails
    Whatever happened to their saying they wouldn't ask for money but if God didn't support and bless them with enough money to keep going it was time to call it quits!?
  • hoser
    hoser
    Child abuse settlements aren't cheap these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit