The JW's 2 witness rule applied to Molestation is wrong AND HERE'S WHY

by wozza 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wozza
    wozza

This is not the first time I've written about this, but with the Royal Commission happening here in Australia, and having fought against the WTS on this problem of molestation in the WTS over a period of 15 Years I feel a need to explain what I found which contradicts what the WTS says and the way they handle cases within their society.

I am not going to give the history of my involvement but just state simply why no-one can believe what the WTS says ,and we all know the scriptures they use to NOT handle cases of molestation properly , so here goes , it's not tricky or hard to understand I think, but just use the bible against them (hope this is used at the Commission).

I,m using the Revised Berkely version in plain English here ,

The context is law giving in the Book of Deuteronomy CH 22 : VS 22 - 27

vS 22 "WHEN A MAN IS SURPRISED ABED WITH A MARRIED WOMAN,THEY SHALL BOTH DIE ,THE MAN WHO LAY WITH THE WOMAN AND THE WOMAN TOO; YOU SHALL WIPE OUT THE EVIL FROM ISRAEL."

So this is easy to grasp ,man sleeps with married woman ,judged to die -they got caught.

Next Vs 23- 24 "WHEN A MAN COMES UPON A GIRL IN THE CITY, WHO IS A VIRGIN BETROTHED TO ANOTHER , AND HE LIES WITH HER,24 YOU SHALL BRING THEM BOTH TO THE GATE OF THE CITY AND STONE THEM TO DEATH, THE GIRL BECAUSE SHE DID NOT CRY OUT, ALTHOUGH THE CITY WAS ALL ABOUT HER, AND THE MAN BECAUSE HE VIOLATED HIS NEIGHBOUR'S WIFE. YOU SHALL PURGE SUCH EVIL FROM AMONG YOU ."

Vs25-27 This where the point is " BUT IF THE MAN COMES UPON THE BETROTHED GIRL IN THE OPEN FIELD ,AND SEIZES HER TO LIE WITH HER ,THEN THE MAN ALONE SHALL DIE. 26 YOU MUST DO NOTHING TO THE GIRL, FOR THERE IS NO SIN IN HER TO DESERVE DEATH; FOR IT IS AS WHEN A MAN ATTACKS HIS NEIGHBOUR AND MURDERS HIM; 27 THE MAN FOUND HER IN THE OPEN COUNTRY; THE BETROTHED GIRL CRIED OUT FOR HELP, BUT THERE WAS NO-ONE TO HEAR HER.

Vs28-29 This shows that if the girl is not betrothed but is forced into sex she has to marry him and pay her father 50 silver coins (crazy huh?)

The point is though is vs 25-27 which shows that the girl is raped in the open field with no-one to cry out to but the man is still put to death and the event must be revealed by her ,the only witness and then he is judged to die. NO 2 WITNESSES HERE !!!

SO THE QUESTION HAS TO BE ASKED OF THE WTS "WHY CAN'T THEY SEE THIS THRU THEIR EYES OF HOLY SPIRIT AND DEAL WITH THE PEDO'S ACCORDINGLY?"

Am I seeing this correctly ? I don't see any other alternative but to take this scripture as a precedent to dealing with molestors AND giving some peace and love to those abused ones ,have'nt they been abused enough WTS?

• Listener
    Listener

On the other hand when it comes to the bible principle of not bringing a brother to court they come up with all sorts of exceptions. This includes the idea that it refers only to civil cases, not criminal and even then if the civil case is required in order for the Brother to seek compensation from a third/wordly party then it is okay.

It is too difficult for them to bring new light on this matter of two witnesses. It affects so many lives and Judicial Committees that have been held in the past. It questions the integrity of their management on an authoritative level and more importantly, being led by the Holy Spirit.

• wozza
    wozza
    Yep and if they go back on their old teachings they will be burnt alive and they know it .so they continue to ignore this "new light " that I've pointed to from their own crap book and make exceptions !
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point wozza!

Never noticed this before...but that is spot on!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s witnesses speak out of both sides of their mouth

If a member of Christendom does something wrong , its evident /proof they are a part of false religion.

if a Jehovah`s Witness commits the same wrong ,it`s put down to human imperfection on their part.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wozza - "Why can't they see this thru their eyes of Holy Spirit and deal with the pedo's accordingly?"

A) It would be admitting that particularly egregious acts happened on their watch, in their "spiritual paradise", thus undermining their claims of exclusivity...

B) ...it would be admitting their previous "understanding" of the Bible was horribly flawed...

C) ...it would reveal to the rank-and-file just how many pedos were amongst them (at least one or two per congregation, by our reckoning) and actually put familiar faces to those numbers...

D) ...and by that token, it would also leave them severely short-handed, possibly even cripplingly so.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert
    Wozza I like how your mind works.
  • Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

WOZZA I emailed your workmanship to Martin McKenzie-Murry asking him if it was possible to foward it to a Commission attorney on the outside chance your line of reasoning could be presented to a elder in the proceedings.

As my custom just like Martin Luther I taped the "Saturday Paper" article to the 5 Kingdom Halls in Redding Calif.and included your workmanship.

Deut.22: 25-27 is one of the coolest pieces of work I have read. Thank you.

• cattails
    cattails

But if the girl isn't 'betrothed' and she's just a child like in many abuse cases then field or no field today we know this is just abuse of another human being especially those who cannot defend themselves adequately.

Vs28-29 This shows that if the girl is not betrothed but is forced into sex she has to marry him and pay her father 50 silver coins (crazy huh?)

Crazy, definitely. What I can't fathom is how a girl of marriageable age would be expected to marry her rapist?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I don't think that the WTS wants to drop that two witness rule. It would disallow the JW elders from having free rein to "collect evidence" on sex crimes with minors.

What would they do then if they didn't have free and ready access to child sex stories? Their child sex case files would get pretty skinny - less child sex reading material for all those men...less stories being told to them... Where would the WTS male authoritative structure get their child sex fix?

The JW judicial process has to be dismantled - it is perverted the way that elders sit in rooms and discuss child sex and even force the child to tell them all about it - details included. Sick. Sick. sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit