It's not persecution, it's accountability

by Splash 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Splash
    Splash

Well I was loathe to start a new thread on the Australian Royal Commission, but I've been reading in thread after thread how JW's are trying to dismiss what's happening with "It's persecution".

If anyone says this to you, just respond "It's not persecution, it's accountability. They are being called to explain their procedures, and nothing more."

Persecution is hostility against someones religion.
    This is not against the JW religion, it's against procedures that JW's champion as being 'the best in the world' when in reality, and with a little analysis are proving to be among the most harmful. Even the elders and CO's being questioned agree with this.

If someone tells me it's persecution, I'll ask them if they think the abused children were treated more kindly by the JW procedures (being made to face their abusers etc) or if they were treated more kindly by the worlds procedures which saw their abusers put where they could no longer harm anyone.

I'll also ask if it is right that 1000+ known child abusers should escape punishment and remain hidden within the congregations.

It's not persecution, it's taking responsibility for choices they have proudly made.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good reply.

I would even consider wording it as "Is it really persecution...or is it accountability (or common sense)?"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Absolutely bang on with the OP.

It's not persecution, it's accountability - this doesn't really need explaining, and I've nothing else to add.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The Children who were sexually abused were persecuted. They were forced to confront the abuser who was declared innocent because there was no- two witnesses.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Same goes for the possibility of losing charitable/tax-exempt status...

..."'paying back Ceasar's things to Caeser" is 'persecution'?"

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    I agree splash - it's not persecution it is discipline by secular authorities who are teaching the hubrisitc GB to take responsibility and be accountable. are they humble enough to take the discipline to heart?
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thank you splash, well put....I've been mulling it over in my mind, trying to work out how to best, forcefully get that message across...now I'll just pinch yours!
  • Mephis
    Mephis

For the Lord’s sake subject yourselves to every human creation, whether to a king as being superior or to governors as sent by him to punish wrongdoers but to praise those who do good. For it is the will of God that by doing good you may silence the ignorant talk of unreasonable men.

The governors are wanting to punish wrongdoers. This isn't persecution, allowing them to do that is part of being in subjection to superior authorities. If you're not being praised for doing good and silencing ignoring talk, you're doing it wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit