Ways to get you back

by shera 17 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

@ LB

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

LB

my mother tells me she doesn't want to explain to my father (who is deceased) when he gets resurrected in the New System, why I am not there to greet him!

Funny thing is, Dad absolutely hated the Dubs all his life, even chased one greasy pioneer out of the garden once with a shovel! How comes he gets into the NS but I waste 35 years on the BORG but I don't make it?

Pope

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

The lady who studied with me would come to my house and get her twin boys, who were 5 at the time, whom I adored very much to tell me things like how they wanted me to come back Because Jehovah missed me and they missed haveing me at the meetings. They would ask me why I didn't love Jehovah any more. It really hurt but I never gave in to return. I couldn't believe she would stoop so low as to use her kids that way.

kkluv

• wednesday
    wednesday

With the recent death of my mother, an elder and his wife really tried to use this to get me to attend again. during the funeral they kept using my mom 's name and 'this is what xxxx belived"" sort of emotional blackmail to get me to go back(actuallly about half the people there were inactive witness's). I told him that when they apologize for destroying my life, mybe i'd consider coming back. he said i must forgive too. Also, one of my friends for a very long time has made it her gaol to phone me and for us to go out and spend time together. She's either looking for something she feels is absolute proof of apostsy or she is going to office me a bible study.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is a shame that some of us have lost very dear friends. I have no doubt at all that there are very sincere people in the organization, many of whom are/ were our friends. However, they are so blinded, so misguided, that they truly believe what they are taught, without hesitation or doubt. Some of them really do feel like we have fallen off the deep end.

Then there are the others, that are hateful, mean spirited, and think they know everything, or maybe are on a power trip. To those, I have no tolerence. They can take a flying leap.

If the sincere ones really want to help, they can start by being a real, true friend. Even if they don't agree, they need to understand why we left, and to accept that. Accept the fact that the hatred is not bibical, and that friends can have different beliefs in all sorts of areas of life, but still can remain the best of friends.

What a relief now, with the people I surround myself around. Friends that don't judge. Oh, they may give their opinion for sure, but leave it at that.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I know how it feels!...My JW Mother in law tells my hubby(Who has terminal Cancer now) that he has to go to the Hall so he can see his father in the "New World".

What a quilt trip! What I'm sure she realized she was saying is" Son..go to the kingdom hall so you can survive armaggedeon and be with your Father and I and your sister and her family.

Is somebody missing from that picture?.ME?.Yet they always talk about how they "Can't wait until armaggedeon comes". Doesn't that mean that I will be checking out early?.......

Hubby just doesn't seem to be able to grasp that point!...I bet my Mother in law does though!

Oh Well!

Snoozy.........

Edited by - Golden Girl on 27 October 2002 23:40:35

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    One woman I knew..tried to make me feel guilty with letters...saying it was like I stabbed her in the gut

Shera,

Believe me, if you were active and now not going you are "stabbing her in the gut" as she has to try to make sense of you, as well as SO MANY, deserting the ranks of JWS. Bravo to you. Tell her to get bent.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    one elder stuck his foot in the door & said, No, we need to talk to you now.

I've never had an elder act that brazenly at my home but if one of them tried that with me, I'd probably slam the door hard enough to cut his foot in half.

my mother tells me she doesn't want to explain to my father (who is deceased) when he gets resurrected in the New System, why I am not there to greet him!
    My wife tried that with me using her grandmother. She knows I loved that woman as if she were my own mother for how she helped us out before we got married when she was pregnant with our son. Her grandmother was a hard-core JW who at the end of her life was betrayed financially by one of her JW children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit