Royal Commission convened for now, but Jackson is an asshole

by umbertoecho 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Orphan Crow. Ha ha ha ha ha ha..............so sorry. I have been calling you a cow all along. I am so sorry. I didn't see the r. I should wear my glasses when doing close up reading and writing.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

possum - "I stayed muzzled by the two witness policy for over a decade even obediently going on a bible study with my child's abuser."

Wait...

...they made you go in service with the guy afterwards?

What. The FUCK???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Smug a-hole, or sociopath?? YOU DECIDE.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Smug a-hole, or sociopath??"

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When the counsel for BCB suggests to the elder how inappropriate it is for only men to handle a case of sexual abuse against a female child and not to include a woman, a sister, in the proceedings, he just stares at her!

When the judge asks Jackson if he realises how many changes have taken place in criminal courts as regards not having children confront their abuser because of the stress this will cause Jackson says he is unaware of these developments.

The world has moved on in understanding and treatment of child victims of sexual assault but this religion is clueless, having nothing in their instructions to elders, as was clearly pointed out to Jackson, about considering the feelings of the child or trying to reduce their stress. Obviously this is the last thing on the minds of the writers of the Shepherd the Flock book.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Plenty more smug assholes straight out of the smug asshole mold that this guy came from.

Any elder I have ever known couldn't even answer sincere questions at the door without getting flustered, let alone be even halfway prepared to answer questions the "superior authorities" choose to ask.

This royal commission is going to make mincemeat out of the testimony of these guys.

You call yourself "The Truth" you can't handle the truth.

• possum
    possum
    Vidiot, Thought it was interesting that the commission yesterday highlighted the unsafe and incompetent practice of elders often close friends who investigate each other. When i reported the abuse to the elders the "investigating" elder took my daughters abuser camping because her allegation stressed him!
  • possum
    possum
    Sorry my husband says I didnt answer your question. My anointed hardcore parent was the only person who knew about the abuse other than elders. Told over and over wait upon Jehovah be faithful............. ended up living on antidepressants and doubting my sanity (did it really happen?). Told must not stress abusers nice/sick wife as well. (who he has since dumped for an attractive younger model with small children). I tried so hard to be good and faithful my daughter was used on district assembly platforms and of course when my daughter remembered the abuse she was "demonized".
  • possum
    possum
    umbertoecho, was invited by an officer working for commission first of all to publicly give my testimony but in the end was not needed also invited to come and observe. Unfortunately university commitments ( i am a student) and finances stop me making the trip. Riveting to watch love it!
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Jackson trying to bs his way through this again. You can see it's absolutely impossible for him to conceive a thought which doesn't portray himself or the WT in the absolute best possible light. The counsel is getting snarkier and snarkier with him after 5 minutes of non-answers about whether he'd ever report a crime to the police.

"When would you contact the police?"

"Do you mean with crime?"

"Yes, that's what the police are generally concerned with. With crime."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit