The Ways JW's Irritate People

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing that I am becoming more and more aware of is that Jehovah's Witnesses can be mighty irritating people. For example, a few JW's were gossipping about how the elders are stupid and useless.Then in the same breath, when someone has a problem, one of them will ask,"Why don't you tell the elders about this, so you can get some help?" Or you'll hear people complain about how there's nobody that treats them nice, and yet they are the biggest complainers in the world. So many are self righteous, king-dumb busybodies. They need to look at themselves before they make judgements on everyone else.....and no, I didn't recieve any irritation from some JW's more than I usually do, but some of my friends just did.

• blondie
    blondie

I hear this all the time at work, people who complain about a problem but are never part of the solution. The KH too has this atmosphere.

When you live in a perfectionstic society, like the WTS, the focus is always on people's mistakes. And it is good to put the focus on someone other than yourself. So people complain and judge.

Blondie

You made a mistake, you aren't a mistake

• gumby
    gumby

Well min,

I guess people say that about Policmen too. They call them various names in one breath and then when their is a problem they say "why don't you call the police"?

• minimus
    minimus

I have a dear friend that blames EVERYTHING that JW's do on their simply being annoying. If he sees a JW walk down the street, their walk annoys him because they walk like JW's. If they see him while out in service or at the grocery store and wave to him, he gets annoyed because they wave to him like typical Witnesses..

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

minimus,

:he gets annoyed because they wave to him like typical Witnesses..

what weird freinds you have. I can't believe he can be that mean spirted. Ask him if he ever learned anything whilst being a Jdub

Disengaged

Edited by - Disengaged on 27 October 2002 18:11:57

Edited by - Disengaged on 27 October 2002 18:12:43

• minimus
    minimus

Disengaged, He would tell me to go F### myself. And you too.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Here's my favorite. They annoy people by pestering them with unceasing visits and informal Witnesses. They just will not stop talking.

Then, when a person strays, they punish them by not talking to them.

I'll bet most householders would love to be disfellowshipped.

• terafera
    terafera

They annoy people by pestering them with unceasing visits and informal Witnesses. They just will not stop talking.

Then, when a person strays, they punish them by not talking to them.

I'll bet most householders would love to be disfellowshipped.

Hell ya!!! LOL That is so true.... I was never baptized but would LOVE it if I was df'd. Even though 99% of the JW's shun me, it would keep the 1% that think they can get me back in lose hope.

• Matty
    Matty

The Mormons take great pleasure in baptising people who have never expressed any interest whatsoever in their religion, even baptising dead people, so why don't Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowship everyone they want to disfellowship, not just their own members? This would be a valuable tool for them as many people who have never been Jehovah's Witnesses have never had the marvellous opportunity to receive this "loving provision" from Jehovah's own people. I'm sure that many worldly people would be so disconcerted at being shunned by Witnesses they would surely flock to the local kingdom hall in order to repent of their sins. It would certainly cause an astonishing increase in all parts of our vineyard!

• minimus
    minimus

I mentioned on the initial post how some JW's were talking about their elders in a negative way but will still quickly counsel a person that they must go to the elders to report something or recieve some counsel. While we were away, this past week, one of the JW women was talking about how "good" her congregation is, since they got a new Presiding Overseer. After saying how wonderful this brother and his wife were, I asked the sister if this was the same couple that she had been slamming just 6 months ago when they were in the other congregation that shares their Hall. She said that "he's really trying to do a good job". Then she admitted that she didn't really like him or his wife but was hopeful that he might be the one to help the Hall out, since things weren't so good.....JW's like this really irritate minimus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit