Crazy myths about the way GB is "guided"

by paradisebeauty 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

There are a few jw's I know who believe that when the GB takes a decision this is what happens:

• each member goes into a separate room, prays about something
    • after that, they get together and they all have the same thought about the issue.

What are the craziest ideas you heard about the way they are "guided"

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

I come from the days when it was the legend that all the members of the anointed remnant get ideas and mailed letters to the Governing Body.

Sifting through the mail the Governing Body would discover an underlying current in the letters and understand that this was Jehovah leading the "faithful and discreet slave" class--when there was such a thing.

The Governing Body would then have articles written in the magazines based on this "new light" that came from the anointed, acting merely as their mouthpiece and not for them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Holy Spirit playing an active role in the WTBTS's decision making process would be the #1 myth.

DD

• millie210
    millie210

First they put some paper in a brazier and if the smoke blows white then they........

oh wait a minute!

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Heard that one to :P

I like this one:

GB study the scriptures deeply and pray together until they agree on the "new light" or whatever. If they never have to change the light, it was from Jehovah. But if they have to change it, it was human error and not from Jehovah.

It is a perfect system.

One theory I heard, was that Jehovah is letting them come to the wrong conclusions to fool Satan and the demons...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The best thing that I recently read, in court transcript, is that of Fred Franz, as vice-president of WTS (and therefore a member of, if not THE, FDS:

Q. "Who is the editor of The Watchtower?"

FF: "Jehovah God."

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

And thus when new light comes forth it must therefore mean that the Holy Spirit got it wrong with the old light and not the men, after all, they are just relying on the HS aren't they?

Unbelievable people fall for this nonsense.

• pixel
    pixel

Resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

I wish this was only a myth but it is their actual believe.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007006

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ pixel

Just read the article ... it is disgusting! so they got this "lightning" idea from communicating with the dead and they admit it!

Shouldn't a people ask his God and not the dead ones?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

CalebInFlorida - "I come from the days when it was the legend that all the members of the anointed remnant get ideas and mailed letters to the Governing Body."

My JW mom still subscribes to that one (I'd stopped believing it in my twenties, long before I faded).

I don't bother trying to correct her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit