The Report - BBC Radio 4 about Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Sexual Abuse can now be heard

by AndersonsInfo 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I remember when the Panorama TV documentary was being shown. We were told from the platform not to watch it......I still did though!
  • zeb
    zeb

Its up on you tube.

A shining piece of reporting atypical of the Brits. My heartfelt thanks go to the BBC.

The victim was asked by the 'judicial committee' elders how far her legs were apart when being raped. I had to pause get my breath and calm down. "Judicial" Committee my arse! The kinky shits! If any real lawyer asked any victim that question he would be thrown into cells pronto! The wt has no right to use that term Judicial .. as they have no right setting themselves over the law.

I say once again I feel sick that I was once a member of this despicable borganisation. I thank providence that I never was responsible for bringing any other person into the org.

I will be glad when the Australian royal commission has run its course and I can then take a good step back and hopefully see the wt as a fox under the hunters spotlight suffer the same fate. This whole matter and my discoveries out of it of the vile bloody mindedness of the wt with its lies and half lies and its wilful denial of justice to the child victims of abuse has had a telling effect on my health. When you learn of the abuse of your own your life changes.

Thankyou again to those who have fought the fight with me and again for the BBC for their typically British way of going about such a platinum piece of reporting and to the former Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard for establishing the Royal Commission.

thankyou.

• recovering
    recovering
    I would like to have the youtube link please
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

What a well researched, well edited piece of work. There was no ranting, no factual inaccuracy just honest people grieving at the lack of justice and protection afforded to them.

let's hope that this report is replayed to the right ears. Fresh air and light need to be let in to the dark corners.

• Tony Browning
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Great post Barbara. Thank you . I just listened to it and it is informative but sad to hear of all the lives affected by child abuse. Just one of the many reasons why we are no longer part of the JW's. We appreciate all of your hard work!
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    recovering wrote: I would like to have the youtube link please

Please see the 2nd post on page one of this thread. Immediately following the OP, the next post gives the YouTube link.

-Aude.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It was good, wasn't it....Unfortunately the faithful will believe Anthony Morris every time as he poured scorn on such reports. Lets hope that some "studies" will hear and take action ...

There is a contact tab for feedback on the BBC programmes website. I left some appreciative remarks.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I just posted the following on another thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/389730001/sam-herds-comment-on-2001-dateline-expose

IN MY OPINION:

Londo111, we had to start somewhere and Dateline was the beginning. Of course many did not leave the org. because of Dateline, but thousands did. A prominent staff member in the Service Department told my son (who had been a Bethelite for over 16 years), a week after Dateline aired that thousands left the organization because of what they heard on Dateline and will die at Armageddon because of me. Maybe you didn't exit the religion then, but you eventually did and that's what's important. For many, the info on Dateline was enough, but for others, it was something else that woke them up.

Men and women, media people, have our gratitude because they listened carefully to the victims of child abuse, checked the facts, and brought it to the attention of the public in many radio, TV programs and print articles with more to come.

The latest BBC radio program will have a world-wide impact upon the JW organization with more and more JWs fleeing from a religion that has lied itself into a corner without a way to escape with its reputation intact. As the message gets out to more and more people about JW leaders hiding criminals such as JW pedophiles among honest devotees, what an embarrassment or worse it will be for those who continue loyal, to call themselves JWs.

If I was still a JW and standing next to one of those carts, it would be torture knowing that I must look to passerby's as loco in the head for being a JW. In our world today it does matter to people - even JWs - what others think of them, that's why JWs work so hard to put on a good front - cars clean, dress well, speak well - so the world will listen to them. Mark my words, JWs (except the crazies) in this modern world will exit this shameful religion because of their shame coming from being a part of it.

Barbara

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought it was good how they used the Bible quotes from the Society's own recordings: "don't reveal a confidential matter" (in American accent) sounds pretty sinister.

The link up between the court case pay outs and GB admitting they are running out of money was good too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit